Hermit crab cookies !

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
123AE

Hermit crab cookies !

Post by 123AE » Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 am

So yesterday I made my hermit crabs some little cookies for when I go on a short holiday and they turned out great I added two small spoons of organic peanut butter and one small spoonful of organic wild flower honey along with chia seeds my organic food mix , worm castings and a little bit of water and then rolled them into balls. I have left them in the sun so that they harden but so far they seem to be working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biancaalexis

Re: Hermit crab cookies !

Post by biancaalexis » Mon May 01, 2017 5:48 am

123AE wrote:Image

So yesterday I made my hermit crabs some little cookies for when I go on a short holiday and they turned out great I added two small spoons of organic peanut butter and one small spoonful of organic wild flower honey along with chia seeds my organic food mix , worm castings and a little bit of water and then rolled them into balls. I have left them in the sun so that they harden but so far they seem to be working

Love this! I might try it when I go to vacay this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 Hermies | Lover of Totes | DIY envisionist

Topic author
123AE

Post by 123AE » Mon May 01, 2017 5:49 am

Once they harden a little bit, I'm going to test them out

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 am

Looks great!

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

annedow9

Post by annedow9 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 pm

What do you do when you go away ? Just leave lots of food and water..

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:01 pm

Sounds neat!

annedow9

Post by annedow9 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:11 pm

annedow9 wrote:What do you do when you go away ? Just leave lots of food and water..

I ask because I'm going away next week and a little nervous she'll be ok!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm

We have gone away on vacations for 7-10 days at a time. I made sure both pools had clean water. I also sprinkled plenty of leaf litter, chia seeds and crushed oyster shell along the sub. I made up a dish of dried foods (protein mixed with dried flowers and dried fruits and veggies ) and I, Out of habit, leave it by the UTH.

Topic author
123AE

Post by 123AE » Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 am

Kermie16 wrote:We have gone away on vacations for 7-10 days at a time. I made sure both pools had clean water. I also sprinkled plenty of leaf litter, chia seeds and crushed oyster shell along the sub. I made up a dish of dried foods (protein mixed with dried flowers and dried fruits and veggies ) and I, Out of habit, leave it by the UTH.

Also, I'd leave it in on of the dryer areas in the tank. Once I left it in next to my pools and moss and by the time I came back, my food dish looked like a hamster

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 am

123AE wrote:
Kermie16 wrote:We have gone away on vacations for 7-10 days at a time. I made sure both pools had clean water. I also sprinkled plenty of leaf litter, chia seeds and crushed oyster shell along the sub. I made up a dish of dried foods (protein mixed with dried flowers and dried fruits and veggies ) and I, Out of habit, leave it by the UTH.

Also, I'd leave it in on of the dryer areas in the tank. Once I left it in next to my pools and moss and by the time I came back, my food dish looked like a hamster

Baahahahahaha!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 am

123AE wrote:

That's hilarious!!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com