How to raise humidity in a tank??

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
EuxirAino

Post by EuxirAino » Mon May 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I currently have. 1.5 gallon for 2 crabs and I'm going to get a 19 gallon very soon. I've been misting the tank everyday trying to raise humidity, but it doesn't feel humid. How can I raise the humidity in my habitat?? I don't want the little guys to die

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to raise humidity in a tank??

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon May 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Do you have a hydrometer. Also is thr tank covered? If so with what. A picture of your current setup may help, as we can offer pointers concerning the humidity or ways to improve. I understand that the current one may not be exactly where you want it, but im sure all members will bd happy in helping you solve your humidity problems. You may find that the 20g tank will be easier to keep humidity, sp if you can setting the 20g up asap would be beneficial in improving their enviroment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Giner13

Re: How to raise humidity in a tank??

Post by Giner13 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Another good idea is a moss pit too!
Along with all that JJ mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon May 15, 2017 8:24 pm

What is their substrate? Eco earth and playsand mixed with dechlorinated marine saltwater will help boost the humidity

Edit: cover the top with press n seal or Saran wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com