New 40 Gallon Tank UTH question

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
RookieandRemi

Re: New 40 Gallon Tank UTH question

Post by RookieandRemi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:25 am

curlysister wrote:Yeah, I wish there was a Canadian source for the good heat mats!!
Me too! Also, I wish there were more Canadian Etsy shops and shipping from the US from Etsy wasn't so much! My husband and I were in Buffalo on the weekend and we stopped at a PetSmart to see if we could find something. Only Zoo-med mats but wow, way nicer than home! They had so many real terrarium plants. I wish I could have purchased some. I worried about taking them over the border!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:15 pm

RookieandRemi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:25 am
Me too! Also, I wish there were more Canadian Etsy shops and shipping from the US from Etsy wasn't so much! My husband and I were in Buffalo on the weekend and we stopped at a PetSmart to see if we could find something. Only Zoo-med mats but wow, way nicer than home! They had so many real terrarium plants. I wish I could have purchased some. I worried about taking them over the border!

Are you aware of Canadian Chubby Crab? She is awesome!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
RookieandRemi

Post by RookieandRemi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:38 am

Yes, I placed an order a week ago or so. It hasn't shipped yet but I'm excited to receive it when it comes. I ordered 12 or so items.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:08 am

RookieandRemi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:38 am
Yes, I placed an order a week ago or so. It hasn't shipped yet but I'm excited to receive it when it comes. I ordered 12 or so items.

Her products are excellent! I feed some fresh foods, and I dry some stuff from my yard and garden (like leaves and flowers). So I mostly order proteins from Chubby Crab, and my crabs really like them.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Maeve785

Post by Maeve785 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:47 am

I'm pretty sure those are insulated, but I recall reading that as long as they're not completely covered, it should be fine. I made a similar mistake once and learned from another source not to add more insulation. Your work looks great, though! Perhaps if there are some openings, it'll be okay. To be certain, maybe give the company a call. Best of luck.story saver