Second Level - POLL

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Select your preferences.... Would you like:

Poll ended at Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:35 pm

The level to touch the front and back sides of the tank?
36%
The level to touch the BACK side of the tank but leave 2-3" in the front for access to the level?
64%

Total votes: 14

Topic author
BAB

Second Level - POLL

Post by BAB » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:35 pm

Okay... looking for feedback on these little doo-hickey-ma-bobs. HEHE I'm sick okay, give me a break! I can be weird-er then usual when medicated.

NOTICE: Also mention in any posts if you'd like the level to be TALL, in the middle or short too.

Hubbie is working on different sizes now and wants to know what would be preferred. :)

Thanks!!
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.

DustAndEchoes

Post by DustAndEchoes » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:46 pm

i like the idea of the level being a little higher than the middle.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:00 am

I'm terrible with visualizing spacial realtions, my ADD does not like me to compute that sort of thing.

With my second level I made it triangular, to fit in a corner, about 3/4 of the way to the front at one the point of the triangle (does that make sence?). This way I could easily reach underneith it to put shells under there, clean exetera, and it still was about = to 1/3 of the floore surface space of the tat.

I felt if I had it on the back wall and wanted to reach under it that would be hard, and if I had it on the side wall, reaching under it would still be hard. The triangle let me get under there and not comprising it's size. Did that make sense???

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:56 am

My second level is closer to the top, I have noticed my straws love it the most. I have a towel on top, so it is pretty humid in the second level, and the straws love high humidity. A little over half my tank is very "busy" with logs and moss and caves and the second level. The other part is pretty open, with the water dishes and extra shells. the light shines mostly on the open part, because I am afraid if the light is over the 2nd level, it will get too hot up there. So far, everyone seems pleased. Also, since I use netting and moss for my second level, I do not want it over the water dishes, becaus the moss falls in them and makes them filthy!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:36 am

Honestly, i think that however they are made would be perfect! Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:14 pm

I would love to buy one of your second levels. I have a smaller second level built up with legos, yours would be wayyyy better and bigger! I think I would prefer the height in the middle.
Please let me know when they are ready to purchase - your hubby does a great job! Mine just thinks I'm crazy with my crabs!
Thanks

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:46 pm

I want to make a second level that makes an entire second floor and touches all 4 sides and then has an opening in the center of it for a ladder to climb up... any thoughts?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:04 pm

I love them and am interested, but forgive me for seeming dense, how do they get in? Would you put netting for them to climb? Mine are all minis though some are getting bigger now.

Topic author
BAB

Post by BAB » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:02 pm

barbra wrote:I love them and am interested, but forgive me for seeming dense, how do they get in? Would you put netting for them to climb? Mine are all minis though some are getting bigger now.
Are you asking about my levels or Featherscrab?

My level does not tcouh all 4 sides of the tank. You can drap a plant or netting down for them to climb up. Cholla wood works too.

You can see pix of my levels on my blog or in the Classifieds Ad post about Second Levels.

Feel free to PM about questions. We will be making more levels after we move into our new house. So... hmm... maybe a month from now we'll have some available.
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.