Waterfall

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Waterfall

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 pm

How do I stop my babies crawling up the power cord in my exo-terra waterfall? Was thinking about putting some sort of tubing, but is not toxic or could I use. Needs to be easy and not involve much "fiddly" work as I have Multiple Sclerosis(get tremors).
Also has anyone pictures of their waterfalls with fogger/misters in them?

[smilie=worry.gif]

poncho

Post by poncho » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 pm

ImageImageImage

I have a fogger in my pool and I wrapped fake ivy around it and the crabbies love to climb it and they do not seem to bother the power cords, hope this helps :)
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Xena

Post by Xena » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm

I have the same waterfall and I also wrapped a plant around the cord and problem solved...they like to climb and there is nothing that will stop that!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm

My tinniest E climbed my Whisper filter's cord several times, so I just kind of cadi-cornered it in the corner so it was inaccessible. If you can't do that though, I'd just let them go - they're gonna climb if they want, and as long as they can't get out, it's not really a problem. @ poncho - how long do you leave your fog machine running? Where did you get it? How much does it "spike" the humidity?

poncho

Post by poncho » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Istari~ I have my fogger on a light timer from home depot $8 I run it 30 min at a time and it raises my humidity to 80% in my tank and I run it 4 times a day not at all at night...the fogger I bought at petsmart for 40 or 50 bucks I love it and it is nice b/c I have it on the timer so my tank is pretty much on auto pilot, I also have my lights on a digital timer :D btw your tank looks great 8)
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:09 pm

well, seeing as how the fogger is pretty expensive (ahem...) I think I'll just stick with misting them a couple times a day and count on the filter splashing water. And thanks about my tat, I love it - can't wait to get more crabs for it...might actually go do that now.