herms raise their own humidity.. >@< ^^

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

herms raise their own humidity.. >@< ^^

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:25 pm

This is just a funny thing that happened yesterday in the e's tank:

They have been going through a period of tipping the water dishes.. I think when the sand gets dryer than they like for making their caves they start tipping the dishes until its more wet.. which is fine.. //

however they got the humidity up over 85%.. I actually recalibrated the hygrometers cause I wasn't sure it was accurate. however, it is, they have raised their own humidity up to over 80%.. :hlol: (it went down since last night) the pp's humidity is still 75 just like it was..

so I knew it was bad to over saturate the substrate to raise the humidity, but, It seems the herms have done it on their own.. the sand doesn't seem overly wet.. I just opened the top a bit more cause it seems 85% is a bit high.... // I just thought it was funny... :P heres a pic of Dandy chillin' in one of the caves ^^ :hlol: :love9: (I know the gauge says 74 but its 5% off so its really 80, a good bit higher than it usualy is..!:shock:) its usually really hard to get it so high... :P

Viperfish

Post by Viperfish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:53 pm

On Crabstreetjournal, a lot of crabbers who keep their sand dry find the hermies will moisten the substrate too.