Exo-terra waterfall versus pool

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Exo-terra waterfall versus pool

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:41 am

I have had my new 75 gallon tat set up for about 3 weeks (I will post pics later), and I have the medium water fall in it. I do see the crabs climb on it, but it's a pain in the butt to get out of the tat to clean, and I'm wondering if my hermies wouldn't benefit more from a pool. Right now I have it sitting in a 9x9 glass baking pan because I accidentally over filled it once and it spilled over into the sand, so I did this to prevent a repeat. I'm thinking about filling the big pan with some broken shells or aquarium gravel. They have a decent size water dish, but with 8 PP's and 6 E's I don't feel like it's good enough for bathing.

Does anyone use the wall waterfall that they sell for reptiles?

megamelfina

Post by megamelfina » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:31 pm

I haven't used the waterfall, but I made my own. I made a deep pool for the crabs, so they can bathe and such. Then I used an aquarium filter to make a waterfall in the pool. They seem to like it and if you get a small one it can be easier to control. Also, you can use a filter inside to keep the pool clean!

Dog Lips

Post by Dog Lips » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:48 pm

I use both in my 20G. The crabs like it. The pool is salt water and the waterfall is fresh. I have PP's and E's so thewater features are all used.
^^^^^^^^^^^^|II ___
| ______________ l '|""";..,l ____
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |=
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)