Petco Thermometer/hygrometer?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Crab*Fanci

Petco Thermometer/hygrometer?

Post by Crab*Fanci » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 am

I recently purchased a humidity gauge and tempature gauge from Petco. Petco brand. Then I read that sometimes they can be off and there ways to calaberate them. But I already stuck mine to my wall and it doesn't come off. Is there any way to test to see if it's right while it's in the tank?
Crabbing Since Feb 09'
Owner of 9 PP's: Fanci, Mirtsie, Clair de Lune, Rhiannon, Louie, and 4 unnamed.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:57 pm

I have one of those too, there's no way to calibrate them at all, even when you take them out of the crabitat. They will come off though, you just have to pull on it hard. worst case scenario, if it still won't come off, go get a paint scraper and use that to scrape it off.

Topic author
Crab*Fanci

Post by Crab*Fanci » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Actually I think I phrased that wrong. There is this test you can do to see how much your gauges are off by. Also do you know if they stick back on after you take them off?
Crabbing Since Feb 09'

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:58 pm

They'll stick back on even if they're dirty. My only problem with them is that there is no way to calibrate them. You may be able to see how much they're off by, but how are you going to change it to what it's supposed to be? Mine is off by about 35%, but the way the hygrometers are designed, you can't change the calibration so that it reads accurately without breaking it.

Topic author
Crab*Fanci

Post by Crab*Fanci » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah well what can you do. Thanks for telling me that the do sitck back on cuz I didn't want to take it off then not be able to put it back on again.
Crabbing Since Feb 09'