water dishes

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
addicted2hermies

water dishes

Post by addicted2hermies » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:35 pm

i was thinking about using some Tupperware so they can actually swim, instead of my shallow water dishes. what can i put in the bottom of them to make sure they don't drown?
mommy to 9 PP's [hermie; posideon; limie; chance; friday; spidy, notorious, wisdom and davie] & 4 E's [rust-E; storm-E; star-E & big-E]

:( RiP speed-E [PPS] :(

crabbing since december 2008

megamelfina

Post by megamelfina » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:40 pm

You could put some larger rocks for them to climb out, or gravel. I use incline aquarium gravel and I have some vines to help them get out if they need it.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I use clam shells that come in the shell packages, and just put them on the bottom. You could also take used fisherman's net from Michael's (they're about $4) and just lay it across the bottom of the tupperware, with all the ends sticking out of it (so they can climb out).

Topic author
addicted2hermies

Post by addicted2hermies » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:45 pm

cool :D thanks every1. i was thinking about gravel but i use a colored gravel for my fishies, and the paint chips off alll the time! mabye cuz it was cheap lol
mommy to 9 PP's [hermie; posideon; limie; chance; friday; spidy, notorious, wisdom and davie] & 4 E's [rust-E; storm-E; star-E & big-E]

:( RiP speed-E [PPS] :(

crabbing since december 2008

Mrs. G

Post by Mrs. G » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 am

I sometimes use glass marbles that i found at Walmart!!!!

MRs. G :crabbigsmile:
owned by a spoiled amazon parrot a yellow lab amber a golden retriever captain and 2 pps zeus and posieden,70 gallon fish tank and a ecosphere. one 13 year old son and my hubby

Crab*Fanci

Post by Crab*Fanci » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm gluing colored stones to the bottom of my dish using aquarium sealant. My mom found this old dish that is naturally inclined so I'm just putting the stones so they have something to grip on cuz the dish is smooth glass.
Crabbing Since Feb 09'
Owner of 9 PP's: Fanci, Mirtsie, Clair de Lune, Rhiannon, Louie, and 4 unnamed.

Hermit_of_Hermit_Crabs

Post by Hermit_of_Hermit_Crabs » Fri May 01, 2009 6:54 am

Gravel, rocks, or glass marbles for betta bowls all work well.