Crabitat review please?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crabitat review please?

Post by GotButterflies » Sat May 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Looks great! Make sure you have humidity and heat at 80/80. ;) Is the lid a locking lid? You will want one of those...hermits are strong! I see a light in the second picture. Be careful not to set that on the plastic - it will melt it. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ErraticArtist

Post by ErraticArtist » Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

GotButterflies wrote:Looks great! Make sure you have humidity and heat at 80/80. ;) Is the lid a locking lid? You will want one of those...hermits are strong! I see a light in the second picture. Be careful not to set that on the plastic - it will melt it. :)
Yes it is a locking lid, and no the lamp isn't on the plastic directly, I cut a rectangular hole and sealed it with mesh screening to allow airflow :)

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Great! :)

Edit: When not using the light, I would close that airflow vent to keep humidity and heat in. Changing the food once daily is enough oxygen exchange for them.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com