Post your crabitats!

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Just Jay

Re: Post your crabitats!

Post by Just Jay » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:36 pm

i have no idea how to post my crabitat pictures...but i did just get done cleaning my 20g long tank yesterday so im pretty excited. :crabbigsmile:

first floor has a Hermie in tuppy iso. (RoxSand was in her shell and without an exo but she stayed underground so i let her be incase she is destressing (they were rescued just over two weeks ago or possibly molting soon) in front of iso i put a snail shell aquarium fish hide away with an air plant wedged behind it. then the FW bowl with some rocks at the bottom for hermie safety along with some new shells. then they have the SW pool (infront of the back heater) that i added a layer or rocks, marbles, sand and the extra shells that wont make good hermie homes. In front of the SW tank in a mason jar half covered underground and covered but pressed up along side the glass so i can see in one side and the back (got to see Uu checking it out). then i did levels. shower soap caddy with shiny rocks, an air plant and a cat toy with a bell. a triangle net is over the snail shell hide and ends above the SW pool. then a soap shower caddy with a little egg crate ladder im using as a shell shop. this is next to my tallest rectangle net i have a cuttle bone piece on and a shell with banana.

im sure thats horribly confusing to picture hahaha the lvls are kind of in a zig-zag if that helps any. just so excited it took pretty much all day between deep cleaning and putting everything in.

and sadly i still need to adjust something. forever a work in progress.

thanks for all the inspiration!

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Pictures?? I'd love to see them :D
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:47 pm

DarthCrabber wrote:
Crabinski wrote:
That is gorgeous! What size is your tank? Are the containers glass or plastic?

Thank you! The tank I believe is a small/tall, but I'm not sure the exact inches. It looked so much bigger until I filled it with a bunch of stuff! And the trays are acrylic organizer trays, they're by interdesign on Amazon. The little legs are acrylic cake pop sticks I siliconed on there :)
Thanks for the update. I'll have to investigate those trays and I've never even heard of acrylic cake pop sticks!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:17 pm

I posted these pics in my own post as a reply, but this is where they belong...
Within the next three weeks we are getting new carpeting in the whole house, so I'm planning to get atleast a 10g tank once the house is done so I don't have to stress the crabbies out more. I'm looking for a tall tank, hopefully a 20g tall. If anyone has one they don't need please hit me up.
Anyhow, I'm starting to gather things for this new tat. Here is what I bought todayImage at the dollar tree I got a toy inside a mesh bag I can use for climbing, 6 adhesive hooks, a pack of Velcro stickies, 2 super suction cups, a circle metal cup of sorts, a skinny white metal basket, wide white metal basket, burlap ribbon, 2 suction cup caddies, a suction cup soap dish I put in my current tank for a second levelImage Here are the caddies closer up from dollar treeImage Here is the mesh bag(if it's unsafe please let me know)Image
Then I went across the street to Fallas, it's like a tj max or marshalls type store, and found exactly what I was looking for, searched all over online for, and got them so cheap, a mere 88¢ a pieceImage I was so happy, these will be a moss pit and something else, maybe another moss pit. What else do I need?

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:55 pm

kieagcarm wrote:I posted these pics in my own post as a reply, but this is where they belong...
Within the next three weeks we are getting new carpeting in the whole house, so I'm planning to get atleast a 10g tank once the house is done so I don't have to stress the crabbies out more. I'm looking for a tall tank, hopefully a 20g tall. If anyone has one they don't need please hit me up.
Anyhow, I'm starting to gather things for this new tat. Here is what I bought todayImage at the dollar tree I got a toy inside a mesh bag I can use for climbing, 6 adhesive hooks, a pack of Velcro stickies, 2 super suction cups, a circle metal cup of sorts, a skinny white metal basket, wide white metal basket, burlap ribbon, 2 suction cup caddies, a suction cup soap dish I put in my current tank for a second levelImage Here are the caddies closer up from dollar treeImage Here is the mesh bag(if it's unsafe please let me know)Image
Then I went across the street to Fallas, it's like a tj max or marshalls type store, and found exactly what I was looking for, searched all over online for, and got them so cheap, a mere 88¢ a pieceImage I was so happy, these will be a moss pit and something else, maybe another moss pit. What else do I need?

Here are the new things that came in the mailImageImageImage

"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

hermitharbor

Post your crabitats!

Post by hermitharbor » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:18 pm

Since I have Es now, I have another tank!

It's pretty bare right now, but it's what I had on hand for a quick set up. I have more things at my disposal, I just have to have some time to set more stuff up! It's a 29 gallon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow me on my crab blog! Hermit Harbor

The 6 PPs of The Harbor: Ama (♀), Nora (♀), Neptune (♂), Lir (♂), Allie (♀), Bongo (♂)
The 2 E's of The Fiefdom: Nami (♀), Unnamed (♀)

ashleyandanimals

Post by ashleyandanimals » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

kieagcarm wrote:
ashleyandanimals wrote:Image

40 breeder with 36x18x18 Exo terra (glass bottom removed) topper. Around 10 inches of sub. E's and PP's. (:

How did you do that, take out the bottom of glass and then connect them? I might be able to do that with the two tanks I have for more room to make levels, if someone told me how.

Hair dryer and knife and lots of time. Soften the silicone and very carefully scrape it off around the bottom piece. I got the glass out in one piece but I know some have covered the bottom with towels and gently broke it with a hammer and removed it. Either way be very careful!

I do my best to spoil all of my pets! :)

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:58 pm

55g winter addition *cats not included lol

Visual

Post by Visual » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Sorry that this is sideways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 am

Visual wrote:Image

second lvl tank on a tank? how if you dont mind?

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:59 am

Just Jay wrote:

What a gorgeous tank! :)

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Visual

Post by Visual » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 am

Rawrgeous wrote:
Just Jay wrote:

What a gorgeous tank! :)

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Thank you!! I really want to add more substrate and rearrange the climbing stuff and add a net somehow and a space for an actual shell shop but I have three down and one possible surface molter and I'm afraid to disturb him. :(

www.loverochambeau.com

Visual

Post by Visual » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 am

Just Jay wrote:

It's a little bit trial and a lot of error. Now that I have it set up and added my babies they all went down, but I can see the setups flaws and I really want to change things but need to wait until they surface. Ones buried in the top level. Lol. I took a 25 gal on the bottom and set it all up, then my old 10gal is turned upside down on top. To make a bottom for the upside down tank I custom cut plexiglass and duct taped it to cover about half the tank. Placed this kaddy-corner over the 25gal and also taped this down. I used more plexiglass to cover the left over space in the back corner (not pictured) and to also make a lid that can be removed for cleaning and feeding. My main problem is that it's hard to get my arm into the top level now that all edges are sealed to help sustain humidity. When I can rearrange I'd like to lay the 10 gal on its side with a seperate access door to make cleaning and refilling the top h2o easier. I've also cut the small log pictured to wedge under the hanging edge of the 10gal for more support. And woody decoration. It's all sitting inside a book case. Sorry for being long winded. Lol

www.loverochambeau.com

Visual

Post by Visual » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 am

They have access into the top tank with a Chola wood ladder of sorts and an extra chicken wire platform I wired to it and then covered with coco mat fiber.

www.loverochambeau.com

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:14 pm

No apologies! Thank you for explaining!

Man tho, i feel like thats me every time i redo their tank. I set it all up check that its perfect and a few iours to a day into the new setup i start to notice things i want/need to change and so on.