Rosebush Branches: Have they been tested?

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
WhimsyMimsyMo

Post by WhimsyMimsyMo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 am

I have looked on the safe foods list and I didn't see roses being mentioned, though I would not adamantly claim they weren't on there, I was in a rush at the time. But mom has pruned the rose bush back severely like it needs to be sometimes, and now I am curious as to if any of that would be of use?

KayedeeLove<3

Re: Rosebush Branches: Have they been tested?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 am

The entire plant is safe for them too eat so long there have been no chance of pesticides or un-natural fertilizer! I'd take the thorns off just cause I'm paranoid.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am

I've only heard Rose leaves and flowers. I grow my own roses, completely organic, and I've never given them the stems or branches. I've only done the petals, but I do know the leaves are safe as well. They do need to be pesticide free! Fertilizers should be organic.

Edit: it says entire plant on the safe list
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
WhimsyMimsyMo

Re: Rosebush Branches: Have they been tested?

Post by WhimsyMimsyMo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks everyone! I've been really bad at replying or anything but that's changing because now I have Lunie and I'll be here more often since I just feel sometimes that I have no idea what I'm doing.... lol