Floral Decor

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
alypin

Floral Decor

Post by alypin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Dreaming about my future, beautiful crabitat... would cloth flowers be okay with the heat/humidity?? In addition to getting crababies this summer, I'm also redoing my room, and I'd like to make the crabitat decor match my room decor as well :D (if you're wondering, the colors will be carnation pink, dandelion yellow, and wisteria purple :crabbigsmile: )

Vic Future

Re: Floral Decor

Post by Vic Future » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello, I just had this debate with myself.
As I am very new to crabbing myself, my experience is limited. Last summer I put some very pricey silk plants in for my new arrivals. They shredded them. To bits. Within hours. Yesterday I purchased some plastic vines. I know how shy and curious these guys are. They are in a very tight New York apartment tat now and have a lot of spots to hide. Im upgrading to a bigger tank. And i want to provide enough hiding spots.
Although not nearly as beautiful as silk, i dont have to worry about them eating the silk+dyes and the wires etc.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... cc444f.jpg[/IMG
Hoping this goes over well. If not it was cheap. Those silks were not. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vic Future

Post by Vic Future » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Vic Future wrote:Hello, I just had this debate with myself.
As I am very new to crabbing myself, my experience is limited. Last summer I put some very pricey silk plants in for my new arrivals. They shredded them. To bits. Within hours. Yesterday I purchased some plastic vines. I know how shy and curious these guys are. They are in a very tight New York apartment tat now and have a lot of spots to hide. Im upgrading to a bigger tank. And i want to provide enough hiding spots.
Although not nearly as beautiful as silk, i dont have to worry about them eating the silk+dyes and the wires etc.

Sorry to hijack your thread, i misread your initial post.

Topic author
alypin

Post by alypin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Vic Future wrote:
Vic Future wrote:Hello, I just had this debate with myself.

Sorry to hijack your thread, i misread your initial post.

No worries! Thanks for the shredding them to bits part, lol. How were your flowers arranged? I saw one crabber with flower-looking things arranged in like a cork-log-thing, but I couldn't tell if they were flowers, or if they were cloth or plastic :)

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 pm

I've bought some from Dollar Tree before...
I do need to update my floral decor too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic Future

Post by Vic Future » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Mine had weiged bottoms bc they were for a former betta tank. I planted thrm like little trees. Pops of yellow and pink against the neutral sub was beautiful. But very short lived.
Let us know what you get. Im super curious .

Topic author
alypin

Post by alypin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Yay! I think the flowers will work out where I'm imagining them :) thanks for the input!! I'll definitely post photos when I get the tank :D

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Cloth and silk will be far less durable than the usual plastic plants... I'd recommend getting the plastic ones they better at handling the everyday wear and tear of a crabbies lil claws

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:04 am

Definitely post pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk