Probiotic Spray

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Stribe

Probiotic Spray

Post by Stribe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:10 am

Is anybody using this? :

All Living Things® Hermit Crab Probiotic Spray
Detailshttp://www.petsmart.com/reptile/supplies/clean ... 95224.html
$8.69

I am considering buying it and using it sparingly twice a week, just because it looks like a good idea. I would still do the physical surface cleaning.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Probiotic Spray

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:07 am

Or you could just use vinear for example.... I personally think it's a waste, but that's me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Stribe

Post by Stribe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:42 am

aussieJJDude wrote:Or you could just use vinear for example.... I personally think it's a waste, but that's me

Really? How much do you dilute the vinegar, and how often do you spray with it?

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:28 am

Just put some vinegar in a paper towel and wipe... so not really a spray but still cheaper and probably just as effective

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am

I personally think it's just another product marketed to take your money. I wouldn't spray this in my crabitats. I received a bottle of this with a couple of hermits that I adopted. I opened it up and it had brown growth inside. Some probiotic spray! LOL Did you know that the FDA doesn't approve or inspect vitamins for people? They definitely don't for animals. So that probiotic spray can be anything they want to put in it and market it as such. Could be water with a little bit of stress coat or prime for all you know...
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 am

Just going to say that.... It's probably nothing beneficial about it too. I just realised if was more than just water.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 am

Agreed!!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 pm

I also got some with some crabs.
...... I get the impression that it's for managing odors, like an enzymatic spray... I tried it on my organic waste bin - definately controlled no odors in there. :wink:
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:I also got some with some crabs.
...... I get the impression that it's for managing odors, like an enzymatic spray... I tried it on my organic waste bin - definately controlled no odors in there. :wink:
That's an interesting use for it! :)

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:34 am

I got a feeling that lady is saying that they don't work as the bin still smelled.... could be me though

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:I got a feeling that lady is saying that they don't work as the bin still smelled.... could be me though

Yes, you are right! Image I still thought it was interesting that she came up with that idea. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:17 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
aussieJJDude wrote:I got a feeling that lady is saying that they don't work as the bin still smelled.... could be me though

Yes, you are right! Image I still thought it was interesting that she came up with that idea. Image
@aussieJJDude -accurate!

@GotButterflies - actually, it says it 'helps control odors' on the label and has a vaguely pleasant smell itself... but it did nothing for any of the smelly things I sprayed it on... tupperware I'd kept shellfish crab-noms in, the above mentioned bin, an empty container I'd kept crickets in (and crickets really smell). Maybe it works on something, but I still wouldn't put it in my crab tank.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:54 am

Completely agree, as I stated before I wouldn't use it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk