Dumb Ultratherm questions

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Robncatk

Dumb Ultratherm questions

Post by Robncatk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Mine arrived today, looks like a nice quality product.

Is there any adhesive on it? I couldn't find any so I attached it to the back of my 10 gal with packing tape.

Am I supposed to see stripes along the back wall or am I doing it wrong?

Please post pics of your tank with Ultratherms.

Also, it feels like it puts off a lot of heat. I don't have a thermostat, should it hang around 80 on its own?

Thanks!

AndyCrabby

Re: Dumb Ultratherm questions

Post by AndyCrabby » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Hey! I have an Ultratherm and it doesn't have adhesive on it. I stuck mine on with tape. And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to see the metal stripes as it says in the instructions they give. I'll post a pic of mine.
As for heat it depends on the room. I also use just the by itself Ultratherm and my home is cold in winter and hot in summer so it depends if your room is a constant temp and at what temp it is, I do strongly suggest getting thermometer asap.
In summer my tank is in the high 80' low 90's but in winter it can stay in the lower 70's(sometimes high 60's yikes) so I bought an extra Ultratherm as a heat boost for the winter.Image

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:18 pm

The pads themselves will reach 110 to 140. I know they say they are temp controlled but I have 6 ultratherms and none of them are.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

daws409

Post by daws409 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Packing tape or duct tape is what most use to attach the UTH. Just make sure the flattest side is against the glass. (Where cord attaches, one side is rounded and other flat...)

Temps should hover around 80-85 depending on household conditions. Certain brands of UTH's can be insulated with reflectix (?sp) or layers of tinfoil and cardboard/styrofoam for more heat....

I do have my UTH on a rheostat (dimmer). In the summer this is set to low (sometimes off during the day) and set to high during the winter day & night. I just have a layer of cardboard covering it (all year long of course). My household temp is 75 summer and 72 winter. My tat hovers at 78 night and 84 day year round.

Give me a sec I'll add some pics...

Edit:

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's