temperature issues

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
AuntieEm_

temperature issues

Post by AuntieEm_ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm

my humidity is always at least 80% and my temperature is typically around 80 degrees

my issue is that my crabs seem to be happier and more active when the temp is on the lower side (closer to 75 degrees) and are less active, have less appetite, etc when the temp is higher (anywhere above 80 degrees)

i want them to be comfortable, however i don't want to risk hurting them with a low temp. any suggestions??

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: temperature issues

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:20 pm

If they seem more responsive at a lower temp, then I personally think its fine to keep them at such. Crabs have their own little preferences, and what works for one may not work for all....
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
AuntieEm_

Re: temperature issues

Post by AuntieEm_ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:09 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:If they seem more responsive at a lower temp, then I personally think its fine to keep them at such. Crabs have their own little preferences, and what works for one may not work for all....
thank you so much! that's how i was feeling but i wanted to make sure because i would never want to get my crabbies