Don't drop water on your moonglos

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
JediMasterThrash
Jedi Tech Support
Jedi Tech Support

Don't drop water on your moonglos

Post by JediMasterThrash » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 pm

So I did a deep clean last night. My deep cleans are usually 2-day adventures. That's been causing me to put them off a bit too long lately. So I decided I could probably make it short if I just cleaned everything and put it back together the same way.

This saves me the time of digging out and clean all the other potential tank decorations, and then having to stare at the tank for hours trying to design something new. In the end I got it all done in under 5 hours. Amazing!

I got one lesson for you all. Don't drip water on your moonglos!

I set my lights on the side of the tank during the deep clean. They were still turned on though. During the cleaning, I was holding a wet rag, and some drips of water dripped off of it and landed on one of the bulbs.

The bulb immediately exploded on impact :shock: and little lightning bolts flung around to boot.

Kids, don't try this at home.
JMT.

Stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking crab-herder since '92.

Viperfish

Post by Viperfish » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:54 pm

:shock:

That's scary.

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Yikes :shock:

Sorry to hear about that. :(

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Wow... thats crazy! [smilie=wow.gif]

NotaMallard

Post by NotaMallard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:09 am

Ooh.
[smilie=wow.gif]
That sucks, sorry.
I've got a zoo in my house. I should charge admission.

Chompman

Post by Chompman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:30 am

At least it kept you awake. :D

eregel

Post by eregel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:31 pm

During the holidays hubby and I bake dozens and dozens of cookies for our respective offices - like, I'm talking 40 or 50 dozens, 3 or 4 days of baking. Midway through a batch last December we discovered shattered glass all over a cookie sheet - I'd pushed a cold tray up against the hot lightbulb and exploded it all over the oven. Not pretty to clean up - when a bulb blows like that it goes EVERYwhere.