Fake Plants

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Fake Plants

Post by Guest » Wed May 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Since I am new at this can I put in fake plants that would be used for lizards and do they need to be cleaned first? If so, how?

Robin

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed May 13, 2009 6:05 pm

I've never seen the fake plants for lizards, but fake plants in general are fine--just make sure there isn't a lot of metal sticking out. You have to clean them--you can just let them sit in double-strength salt water for about 5 minutes, wipe off, and you're good to go.

kat89447

Post by kat89447 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:25 am

I use fake plants all the time. I just use the ones designed for lizards some even have suction cups (no metal) so I can put them in great places. I just let them soak in salt water and check once a week that they aren't missing any leaves and leaving pokeys. My crabs love to climb and hang from them and after time they can tear. I replace them completely twice a year. Look for the hanging plants they can be woven into second stories and other pieces of your tank.

Mrs. G

Post by Mrs. G » Fri May 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Ditto with Kat 8)

Mrs. G :)
owned by a spoiled amazon parrot a yellow lab amber a golden retriever captain and 2 pps zeus and posieden,70 gallon fish tank and a ecosphere. one 13 year old son and my hubby

eregel

Post by eregel » Tue May 26, 2009 7:28 pm

I use silk plants and vines from the dollar store - cheapest possible source of plants for the tat. I dunk them in a bucket of hot salt water, and they're good to go.