Camoflaged 2nd level

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Shivering Isles

Camoflaged 2nd level

Post by Shivering Isles » Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Could someone please post pictures of second levels that are camoflouged? I dont want my second level to look weird. becuz all my other stuff looks natural! thanks!
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

eregel

Post by eregel » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm

The best ever are the MagNaturals planter ledges. They adhere to the side of the tank with heavy-duty magnets on the outside of the glass. I use the planter ones - which are designed to hold a 4" potted plant - for a moss pit and a shell shop. The plain ledge I use just to provide additional climbing space and a route between the others.

Here's a link to an earlier post of mine with more information about the ledges, including links to the manufacturer's site for more information:

viewtopic.php?t=67448
Last edited by eregel on Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poncho

Post by poncho » Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 pm

You can always use aquarium sealant to glue seashells on to shower caddies and such :wink:
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Topic author
Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks eregel! Where can i get them?
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

poncho

Post by poncho » Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

http://store.petside.com/product/new-it ... ledge.html

they have them here..pet tech is under construction.. no pic but all I could find..
wife to very patient husband,mommy to three little ones
PPs Es Violas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Indos

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 am

Mine is a shower caddy with vine tied to it.

Post by Guest » Sat May 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Well you can always buy a shower caddie wrap it with vine and voila!You have a natural looking second level.Or you can use greatstuff spray insulation around the caddie and it'll look like rock.