New Crabs - ID Help?

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
TheDivineZero

New Crabs - ID Help?

Post by TheDivineZero » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Hiya! I finally got 3 new tenants in my 90 gallon! I was intending on picking up 2 adoptees, but it fell through and another crabber I believe is getting them :)

I got them from a Pet Supplies Plus in the area, because I had gone a week earlier to check it out, and all of their crabs were powder blue, with tan joints! It was odd, and I wanted them.

However, I ended up grabbing 3 others. One is a small PP, the other two are up for debate.

Our first is Pockets, who I am stuck between the ID of a Ruggie or E. (These were the best pictures I got, he's destressing now)

And Here's Walnut. I couldn't pick him up, as he's reach so far out. But he is dark brown, and has skinny, pointy legs. He may be a PP, but I kinda feel like he doesn't fit the bill.
Proud owner of 2 cats (Calvin & Hobbs), 1 dog (Artemis) and 1 Bearded Dragon (Mushu)

KayedeeLove<3

Re: New Crabs - ID Help?

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Idk but man they are pretty!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Pics of their BP's will confirm 100% but it is most likely that they are E's.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Topic author
TheDivineZero

Post by TheDivineZero » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Okiedokie! After they have settled in, I may take a peek at them! the second they got put in their container (I moved them into a Tupperware w/ some sub in it) they never once stopped moving! :shock: Very active crabs. :) And thank you! They sure are adorable.
Proud owner of 2 cats (Calvin & Hobbs), 1 dog (Artemis) and 1 Bearded Dragon (Mushu)

carpenoctem

Post by carpenoctem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:31 pm

As far as I've read into them that is par for the course with Es. They are the most active species of land hermit crabs. Kinda jealous though I dont have space for more currently