New Owner

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

RiNiKy506

Re: New Owner

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm

I had gotten two that instantly went down to molt, they didn’t touch a morsel of food or a drop of water, they hit the substrate and started digging. They both came back, one a month and the other a month and two weeks. They sure do stress us out, it’s stressful for us when they molt too! Lol

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Who♡Fearless♡Crimson♡LittleBit

Topic author
Wysper

Post by Wysper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 am

Well, the one that surface molted I think is about done. 90% of the exo is gone. I've added dried shrimp and veggies into his little tub for him and I've noticed he has eaten those and drank water. I've had to refill the capfull of primed fresh water twice now! Yesterday I added a small turbo with roughly the same opening as the shell he is currently in.

The little container has a clear opaque color so I can see him moving around inside, but not clear enough to see much other than dark and light shapes.

My question is, when should I look at letting him out of the iso container? He's obviously eating and drinking now and moving around.

Topic author
Wysper

Post by Wysper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 am

Well, the one that surface molted I think is about done. 90% of the exo is gone. I've added dried shrimp and veggies into his little tub for him and I've noticed he has eaten those and drank water. I've had to refill the capfull of primed fresh water twice now! Yesterday I added a small turbo with roughly the same opening as the shell he is currently in.

The little container has a clear opaque color so I can see him moving around inside, but not clear enough to see much other than dark and light shapes.

My question is, when should I look at letting him out of the iso container? He's obviously eating and drinking now and moving around.

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 am

You should be fine to move him as long as he is up moving around and his exo is mostly eaten.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom

Topic author
Wysper

Post by Wysper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am

Would it be best to just take the lid off the little container you think and let him get out on his own? I can use spare flat shells to add little steps in the container, and push substrate up to the outside so he can get out easily.

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:27 am

That might be a good idea. That way he can leave when he is ready.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom