Week 3

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

YYWW

Re: Week 3

Post by YYWW » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 am

Hehhe CrabiFrat. Congrats on a molter! Wishing you more to come!

Crabbers unite!!!

Beebalm

Post by Beebalm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Hooray! Glad to hear you are starting to see more action. It is soooo hard to wait those bigger guys out!
Mom to 19 PP in 3 tats: Crabzilla, Big Red, Moby, Red Legs, Bluey, Trooper, Scrabbles, Shelly,The Crusher, Snoofus, Finster, Sheep Guy, Cannoli and 6 more smalls...lets get rid of those painted shells and get a name, guys!

Topic author
AcerCrab

Post by AcerCrab » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm

It has been 3.5 months since we got the first 3 crabs. We have since got 2. Adopted 1 and then got one more last Weekend. Of the original 5 we know 3 are alive and kicking but have not seen 2 of the original set so they are either dead or are going to come up the size of baseballs. Our adoptee is doing great, he changes his shell back and forth from his original turbo to a magpie/pica. It it to funny as everyday you don't know which he will be wearing. He has yet to go down for a molt. #7 turns out to be an "E". This very small crab was at PetSmart in a cage with decent sub but no water and an empty food bowl. I did not know until I brought it home and it spent 10 minutes in the water bowl that it was actually an E . So 5 little friends and much fun.
Mum to 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rats and 6 hermies in our CrabiFrat (a fraternity of little greek crabs wearing togas).

Topic author
AcerCrab

Post by AcerCrab » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 pm

We have had crabs now since January.........Never give up on a crab who has been down forever. We got 5 small crabs in January, adopted a crab in March, and bought 2 more in April. I have a 28g and a 10g. 2 of the PPs in the big tank were AWOL after 4 months so we got the 2 latest crabs. Tonight I found 1 of the missing crabs. We have 5 PPs up in the big tank and 2 tiny EEs underground in the small tank. Such a happy day when one of your little crabs is alive when you had given up hope after 5 months underground.
Mum to 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rats and 6 hermies in our CrabiFrat (a fraternity of little greek crabs wearing togas).

Asheka

Post by Asheka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Such awesome news! :D
4 cats. 1 Dwarf African Frog. 1 amazing fiance. Four PPs; Peeta, Finnick, Katniss, and Rue.
Don't Hate What You Don't Understand PRIDE!
http://crabtaztic.blogspot.ca
Turning the gross and scary cute and merry at PlayfulDead Creationz