New Owners

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Gimpdiggity

New Owners

Post by Gimpdiggity » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:11 am

Hi everyone.

My name is Jeff. My wife Cathy and I recently added three hermit crabs to our family, which already consists of three cats and three dogs.

We did a lot of research and reading before buying them, and had their crabitat all set up and ready to go by the time we got them home.

They don't have names yet...we have just been calling them Crab, Crab, and Crab. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to check in here in the New Owners forum.

Jeff

nepenthes

Re: New Owners

Post by nepenthes » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:51 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm still doing research, myself. I'm looking forward to reading more posts/questions from you guys so that I get a general idea about what to freak out about as a new owner :D

** Btw, Happy Thanksgiving!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Welcome aboard! Glad to see that you did research before plunging into the Wonderful World of Crabbing :D -- it makes the day-to-day weirdness easier to handle when you have a idea of what to expect.

Love "Crab, Crab and Crab"! All of my guys have names and are usually addressed by them but sometimes it's just a simple "Hello, Crab" :lol: .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Welcome to the HCA! It's nice to meet you!
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

littletechcrab

Post by littletechcrab » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Welcome and have fun being crabby parents

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:26 pm

I only have one that is named.my original from 2009' crabby paddy. Then I don't know I had 6-8 at a time got to hard to tell them apart cause they switched shells. C.P. I could always tell cause he was bigger.. but I just stopped naming them. Now it's just crabby paddy and the " girl " crab. I would take time to read the bold black areas in each section then browse around..Not all crabs molt at the same time..it can change from yr. To yr. Crabs like to fool you to.. go digging & you think they are going to molt but they go down might be gone for a few days then come up and repeAt this a few times before they go down and stay Down , what works for one doesn't mean it will work for you. Meaning ask for advice but remember use your own judgment. Make sure you do the no hands for a month..just feed and water.. good luck crabbing

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:23 am

Welcome to HCA

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Welcome to the HCA crabbing family. Instead of crab, crab and crab at my house for the ones I can't identify they get called hermit. At night when we all head upstairs for bed the kids say "night night hermits!" Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above