Little one made it!

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
me n my hermikids

Re: Little one made it!

Post by me n my hermikids » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:20 am

Timothy changed shells and then changed right back to his old one. Does that indicate that there is something wrong with the rejected one? Should i take it out of circulation?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

purpleperson

Post by purpleperson » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:41 pm

I wouldn't worry about the shell :p it may have just been not to his liking. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

[quote="me n my hermikids"]Timothy changed shells and then changed right back to his old one. Does that indicate that there is something wrong with the rejected one? Should i take it out of circulation?/quote]

Each crab has his own little quirks so don't worry about Timothy's 180 shell swap. One of my PPs, Felix, stayed in the same green turbo shell for years before finally switching into...another green turbo! That's all he'll wear and, since he and Mr Pinch are about the same medium size, there are quite a few green turbos in the tank for them to try on and swap between them. My large crab, Big Enzo, wears only his pearled tapestry turbo: every night he goes through all of the shells in the shell shop (including ones not even large enough to hold one of his fat legs), tries on one or two of the larger shells then pops back into his usual shell. Go figure!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
me n my hermikids

Post by me n my hermikids » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Its like they are getting ready for a date :)

Mr. Crabs

Post by Mr. Crabs » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:13 pm

me n my hermikids wrote:Its like they are getting ready for a date :)

Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Topic author
me n my hermikids

Post by me n my hermikids » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Last night Timothy tried out lots of shells, and on one of his changes, i spotted a molt sack, so I suppose I wont be seeing him for a little while. I hope noone minds me keeping Timothy's diary on this thread. Its a neat way of reviewing and studying his molt patterns and growth.

Anyway it was so cute because one of the shells he checked out was so big he could crawl inside it while still in his old shell. I told him that shell made his butt look REALLY big LOL!