Been Lurking for a few months, new member My 29g set up

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Leanne0428

Been Lurking for a few months, new member My 29g set up

Post by Leanne0428 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:56 pm

After a trip to the beach this summer, my daughter wanted a hermit crab. We passed on the crabs at the beach bc I had a hunch they needed more than what was being provided there. Boy was I right! We did quite a bit of research and decided to get crabbing :-) This was supposed to be for her but I have fallen head over heels for them. We currently have a 29g crabitat with 6pp. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and thanks for all the great info and resources on this site!

jarteta97

Re: Been Lurking for a few months, new member My 29g set up

Post by jarteta97 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:22 pm

This is a beautifully set up tank, job well done. Next time you head to the store, you could pick up another corner shower caddy and use it as a soil or moss pit, just put the plastic plant around it, kind of screen it in. Anyways, just an idea, but it's very impressive :D
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

Topic author
Leanne0428

Post by Leanne0428 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:36 pm

I'm always looking for new ideas! I feel like I have a mile long list of things I want to do lol
It's funny bc I just added that shower caddy today and one of my molters decided to show himself and go explore it which thrilled me to pieces bc he is normally my "grumpy" crab and doesn't tend to climb much. I love watching them climb and explore anything new placed in their home.

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:52 am

Welcome to the HCA! The crabitiat looks beautiful!
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

marandashermies

Post by marandashermies » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:42 am

wow beautiful! Its great that you did you research first and then set everything up correctly the first time! Most of us learned the hard way, before we got everything just right. Welcome to the crab-obsession! :wink:
{125g~56g~55g} {30 PPs~ 10 Straws~ 5 Ruggies~ 2 E's~ 4 Viola's~ 2 Cavipes~ 2 Indo's}
2 Handsome Kitties {Rolan & Luka}
http://s628.photobucket.com/user/marand ... t=3&page=1