New to HCA

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
ReluctantCrabber50

New to HCA

Post by ReluctantCrabber50 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm a new member (just joined today after staying up until 3:30 a.m. reading posts and looking at crabitat pictures) but THANKFULLY not new to your site. I found your site 3-4 years ago when I brought home 2 PPs from the Outer Banks, NC. My son begged me daily to get him a hermit crab but we had NO IDEA how to properly care for them. But I found your site and all has been good since that day I "rescued" the crabs from the store! Lucky day for them!

I was looking at pictures last night (unfortunately, not all of the pics would load onto my McBook for some reason) of some really great set-ups and a few of you mentioned "corner guards." What are they and where do I get them? I would really like to make changes to our tank and it sounds like those guards make it so much nicer and easier.

Would love your help. Thank you!

landlubber

Re: New to HCA

Post by landlubber » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Can't help you with your question but did want to say welcome and it's great to meet you! :D
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

Topic author
ReluctantCrabber50

Re: New to HCA

Post by ReluctantCrabber50 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks, Landlubber. Great to meet you, too. (I've read some of your recent posts so I already feel acquainted with you.) I posted my question in another section of this site, also, and did receive an answer about the corner guards. So, that's all good. Now, if I could only figure out why I am not able to see some of the great-sounding pictures...sigh...