New crabs unsure to keep them together

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
dayhawk68

New crabs unsure to keep them together

Post by dayhawk68 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:52 pm

So I'm pretty sure one of them is molting and I have secluded him away from the other one. But I have one that's in a small ISO. I did that because all three of them would keep digging under. But two of them come up and the third is the isolated one. Should I let the other one join the tank? Or should they have more time to destress alone? :crabcry:
3 PPs. Pangxie (female). KaniKama (unsure). Jageun Ge or Geh(Male).

Topic author
dayhawk68

Re: New crabs unsure to keep them together

Post by dayhawk68 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:14 am

...and also the third one Pangxie (Kanikama is the one under right now) is very sluggish while Geh is somewhat active in the tank. Would putting Pangxie in with Geh help her to be more active or stress her out more since she's probably suffering from pps? :blush:
3 PPs. Pangxie (female). KaniKama (unsure). Jageun Ge or Geh(Male).

AutumnHermie

Re: New crabs unsure to keep them together

Post by AutumnHermie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:47 am

If one of them has been acting sluggish, it may be from PPS, but it is also probably suffering from loneliness. I would get these two crabs together ASAP, and as long as you are not overcrowding and there is enough substrate depth, it is fine to let them molt in the main tank.
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.