New babies

Please post here if you are a new crab owner and someone will be along shortly to welcome you to the HCA! This is also the place to welcome new crabbies to your clan!

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

New babies

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:09 pm

I know. I know. But I couldn't resist. I got 3 crabbies at the store. 2 very small. So cute. And one large small. Looked like his shell was broken, but he definately needed a new shell.
I did adopt my friend's 3 babies that I had helped set up for her. But I didn't get good pics of them when I put them in the tank.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermielover121

Re: New babies

Post by Hermielover121 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Awe so cute. What type are they the big one looks so nice and red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22pony22

Post by 22pony22 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 am

That super light and little shell on on your hand looks exactly like what the shell bashful had. I miss bashful.. I was buying cat treats and small animal treats yesterday to feed to them and the cashier at the Petsmart told me they had two crabs left in stock. I was told they were sold out till July then my mom somehow got me Crabcake. Had to talk my self out of running back and buying them.

I was at the store with my dad and he was looking at the big fish tanks and my only thought was I could get so many crabs in there. Trying to convince my parents to let me get a Parakeet. My mom flat out refuses. My dad says I’d have to clean up my room a lot.

22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:07 pm

22pony22 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 am
That super light and little shell on on your hand looks exactly like what the shell bashful had. I miss bashful.. I was buying cat treats and small animal treats yesterday to feed to them and the cashier at the Petsmart told me they had two crabs left in stock. I was told they were sold out till July then my mom somehow got me Crabcake. Had to talk my self out of running back and buying them.

I was at the store with my dad and he was looking at the big fish tanks and my only thought was I could get so many crabs in there. Trying to convince my parents to let me get a Parakeet. My mom flat out refuses. My dad says I’d have to clean up my room a lot.

I get you about wanting more. I didn't tell my husband I got 3 more. Lol
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Hermielover121 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 pm
Awe so cute. What type are they the big one looks so nice and redImage

He is a very nice color! I assume he's a pp anyway.

Links

Post by Links » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Good to see they aren’t in painted shells

22pony22

Post by 22pony22 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:37 pm

[mention]Hermiesguardian [/mention]

I keep extras on all my dishes. I’ve got 4 dishes in the tank now and I’ve got 11 out of the tank. Most are for food/ supplements I wash them when I have none left. Lol

So, in short I could literally set up a whole other tank. Don’t have any place to put it though. I won’t be able to get larger tank till I move out either.

If I could get my mom/ dad to go to visit my her mom. Then I could sneak off to the Petsmart and see if they have any crabs that are smaller then Happy and Crabcake. Apparently there’s 2 at the store I usually shop at but I’d hate to leave one behind.

Next time I’m in Florida I’m checking out the beach shops there to see if there’s any crabs that need rescuing. No idea how I’ll get it back to Canada though.

22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:07 pm
I get you about wanting more. I didn't tell my husband I got 3 more. Lol
he probably won't even notice! LOL
Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:05 am

Such a beautiful shade of red 😍
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺