Pictures, pictures, pictures

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Just Jay

Pictures, pictures, pictures

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 pm

I have recently been very hands on with my crabs and have four of my five up. So I figured I'd share.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Marie_in_Oz

Re: Pictures, pictures, pictures

Post by Marie_in_Oz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:05 pm

What is the best way to have them come out during the day? My habitat is very humid and they seem happy but only come out at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marie_in_Oz

Post by Marie_in_Oz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Image just cleaned out the crab attack this morning actually. So I got to have them all have a little soak.

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Prt 2ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marie_in_Oz

Post by Marie_in_Oz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Image Image

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Marie_in_Oz wrote:What is the best way to have them come out during the day? My habitat is very humid and they seem happy but only come out at night.

Nothing like making them comfortable. While they are out I try to be silent. No fast moves or anything sudden. Every time I see them out I try and make small moves and if any are up and easy to get to I offer food. Smelly smelly food. Hahaha. So a few now think I'm the magic food god. A few will even come up to me if they see me watching. Some are forever shy. My tank is also in my living room where my dog is fed. So they are pretty used to the hassle and bustle of my day to day noise.

Last edited by Just Jay on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie_in_Oz

Post by Marie_in_Oz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Just Jay wrote:
Marie_in_Oz wrote:What is the best way to have them come out during the day? My habitat is very humid and they seem happy but only come out at night.

Nothing like making them comfortable. While they are out I try to be silent. No fast moves or anything sudden. Every time I see them out I try and make small moves and if any are up and easy to get to I offer food. Smelly smelly food. Hahaha. So a few now thing I'm the magic food god. A few will even come up to me if they see me watching. Some are forever shy. My tank is also in my living room where my dog is fed. So they are pretty used to the hassle and bustle of my day to day noise.

TY!!

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Marie_in_Oz wrote:
Just Jay wrote:

Nothing like making them comfortable. While they are out I try to be silent. No fast moves or anything sudden. Every time I see them out I try and make small moves and if any are up and easy to get to I offer food. Smelly smelly food. Hahaha. So a few now thing I'm the magic food god. A few will even come up to me if they see me watching. Some are forever shy. My tank is also in my living room where my dog is fed. So they are pretty used to the hassle and bustle of my day to day noise.

TY!!

Of course!

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Prt 3ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Feel free to ask any questions or if you wanna know who's who in any photos.

The murexes are my female's Hermione who I have been calling RoxSand ...ooops [crabber problems! ], and Tina. [Hermione is the larger crab with more red and white. Tina is the smaller crab with the pretty blue berry/deep maroony red color. The two jade turbos are my males. Eugene the biggin and Herman who I'm renaming Gray is my littlest crab in the little turbo.

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Marie_in_Oz wrote:Image just cleaned out the crab attack this morning actually. So I got to have them all have a little soak.

So cute! Do you have Es? Some of my crabs are always shy and scared. Like my Tina. I find the bigger she gets the more she trusts. I still only really see her when it's been silent and not a lot of movement out side the tank is happening.

Happyhermiehome

Post by Happyhermiehome » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Awwww sooo cute! I'm having a super suckity-suck day and this made me smile! :)
Livin' the Crazy crab life :P

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:02 pm

Happyhermiehome wrote:Awwww sooo cute! I'm having a super suckity-suck day and this made me smile! :)
I'm so happy it could help! So sorry again your act of kindness hurt. Hopefully she is up in that big beach playing with Uu [my crab I lost this year].

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Just Jay wrote:
Happyhermiehome wrote:Awwww sooo cute! I'm having a super suckity-suck day and this made me smile! :)
I'm so happy it could help! So sorry again your act of kindness hurt. Hopefully she is up in that big beach playing with Uu [my crab I lost this year].

The third picture down on part 2 is pretty scary. Ha ha. Who is that? It's funny. I love it!!

It's so awesome that you are able to share those pics with it's. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Topic author
Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Sillysheep wrote:
Just Jay wrote:

The third picture down on part 2 is pretty scary. Ha ha. Who is that? It's funny. I love it!!

It's so awesome that you are able to share those pics with it's. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Hahaha. That my big man in the tank Eugene! He was originally just smaller than my two largest crabs. Went right under for a molt after coming home and came up bigger than anyone! He also came up pastel pink, blue and purple! So I was definitely in awe of him.

I'm a crazy crab person when I see them doing anything haha. So I have loooads of photos!

Thanks for checking them out!