Interesting night of crab watching

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
Crabby Grammy

Interesting night of crab watching

Post by Crabby Grammy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:19 pm

So there was a squabble last night over Myrtle's discarded shell. Ian had moved into it after Myrtle took a new shell but she apparently still has some attachment issues with it. They both repeatedly checked out all 10 shells in the shell shop over and over again. At one point they squared off and both took a ninja stance and tussled for a few seconds before going their own ways. Myrtle came back and started rolling Ian around like a ball while he was tucked inside. She rolled him face up, climbed on top and "pee'd" on him! I saw a stream of water come out of her shell directly on Ian and down in his shell. How rude was that lol! They are both the same size so I'm not worried about that. Ian doesn't seem to be afraid of her and they both took turns eating and drinking after the argument. I noticed this morning that Ian has taken his old shell back so maybe he's decided it's not worth it. I never knew how entertaining these guys can be to watch. I just wish they'd do it before 3am lol 😆

NicksMainSqueeze

Re: Interesting night of crab watching

Post by NicksMainSqueeze » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:57 am

heck yeah dude! Funny story.
Glad you are having fun raising them :cheer: