It's Definately Spring Time

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author

It's Definately Spring Time

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I have had so many shell changes this week, it's crazy even from some crabs that have been under and I haven't seen them for a while. 1 of my micros is changing as we speak. Is this happening to anyone else?
:banana: [/url]

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm

The micro just changed from a little murex, to a babylonian to a little pearl micro all right after my last post lol.... This is exciting to watch. Happy Easter to everyone btw!!!
:smt117

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Yeah...my big guy (still no name...need to fix this @_@) changed shells a few weeks ago, made me so happy! He finally got out of that tiny shell they had him stuffed in at Petco and slid into something more comfortable. My little guy hasn't changed yet, but he's been eying a particular striped turbo for awhile now...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 am

I have a couple that are doing the changing... Others seem happy with what they have...

I have one in my ISO tank that every morning is in another shell...I think that one is a girl and likes the fashion show...
:lol:

Rhoney

Post by Rhoney » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:19 pm

my one PP has changed shells at least 30 times in the past week, another E of mien went from a murex to a silver turbo
Currently No Hermit Crabs until I am out of college, but I have over 5 years of crabbing experience, and much advice to offer :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 pm

I have three new pp's in ISO right now, that are changing so much i don't know who is who anymore!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:59 am

Aww that's good. :)
Mine haven't changed shells yet, but I have seen them go into some, then stay in their original shells. LOL silly boys! :P

evre1's-mom

Post by evre1's-mom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:17 am

I was holding my breath last night, hoping my newbie, Spitz, would change out of his WAAAY too small shell from Petsmart. He checked several out, but didn't try any on. Then this morning I get up and Bandit has changed out of her nice fitting shell back into the HUGE turbo. Oh well, they're gonna have it their way whether it makes sense or not. :lol:
9 PP's and 1 Rug. RIP Willie 4-24-08, Spitz, 5-30-08 & our little friend we never named 9/08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23401121@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357033@N05/