Possessive little Kloggers!

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author

Possessive little Kloggers!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:27 am

So my bigger guy, Kloggers, is very funny! He has a "favorite" shell that he doesn't wear, but just drags around the tank with him! When I first got him, he was in a way too small pica shell. In fact, that's 90% of the reason why I got him. I just took one look at him and thought, "Hey, you're pretty big to be in the small tank...whoa! How'd you fit into that tiny shell?! :shock:" Within a week, he'd slid his butt into a much nicer and bigger pearled turbo. He looks so handsome! I had popped a few different kinds of shells in there for him to choose from, and though he picked the pearled turbo, he also seems to love the purple mystery snail shell! He'll pick it up and drag it everywhere with him like it's a teddy! I only see him pick it up, and I've found it in the cocohut, ON the cocohut, in either dish, half-buried under the aquarium lighthouse, on the cork log, behind the lighthouse, in the food dish...he even curls up with it sometimes and keeps it gripped in his BP! :hlol:

I love this guy. I've never seen a crab with so much personality before!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 am

LOL Timmy my largest crab has exactly the same behavior with the hygrometer - takes it everywhere with him! Very strange crabs!
rich

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:41 pm

OMG, that is the sweetest thing!!! I would love to see a pic of him sleeping with it :toothy8:

Topic author

Funny Crabs...

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 pm

One of my bigger PPs, Tiger finally came up from a 3 week destress. He is in a WAY too small pica and would certainly fit great in a 2 inch turbo. So I have all my nice new shells there and my crazy E Rainbow who is a big E but much smaller than Tiger - in a 1" shell - keeps chasing him around the tank like a nut while he looks at shells. It's kind of funny to watch. Tiger could pull him out of his shell in an instant but it's almost like he enjoys it. Rainbow was riding on the back of his shell a few minutes ago. I have tons of shells that would work for Rainbow, I don't think she wants the shell... I think she just loves the entertainment. She's the raver, remember. :wink:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:22 am

that is one of the cutest crabby stories i've ever heard! i want to see a pic too if you get a chance!

evre1's-mom

Post by evre1's-mom » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 pm

I can just imagine him doing that, but a pic would be even better. *hint* It sounds incredibly cute.
9 PP's and 1 Rug. RIP Willie 4-24-08, Spitz, 5-30-08 & our little friend we never named 9/08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23401121@N04/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23357033@N05/

jordan.eth

Post by jordan.eth » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm

That's adorable! My crabs never seem to be too interested in the shells, no matter how many I give them :(
3 Es: Frederick, Shelby, Sebastian

2 Ruggies: Cooper, Claudia

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

that sounds so cute. my tiny E likes to play dolls with the extra shells in his tank

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:53 am

aaaaaawwww

Things like this make us forget how troublesome and obnoxious they can be at times.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 am

Shanna66 wrote:that sounds so cute. my tiny E likes to play dolls with the extra shells in his tank
I just got the cutest visual of your E hosting little tea parties, lol!

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Lol! So cute! I had one crab who took one shell and held onto it with his BP for 3 hours, not moving or anything. :hlol: