Poop!

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
judywapner

Poop!

Post by judywapner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Haha, I've seen that many crabbers don't really have to clean up any poop ever and I haven't seen any since getting my crabs, but the other day I picked up the moss in my moss pit to find a TONNE of poop in there! I was so surprised! Only one of my dudes hangs out up there so he poops a lot! Its actually pretty gross and I've been putting off cleaning it out but its on my list for tonight blah!

PixelPlex22

Re: Poop!

Post by PixelPlex22 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:56 am

Be sure to move ant fake plants, other decorations ect you will be amazed at where you.Will find massive amounts of poop!

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:44 am

My guys' favorite poop spot was also the moss pit but now they're splitting their allegiance between the moss pit and the cork round...inside and in the outer grooves. There's always some new little surprise in crabbing :lol: !
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

me n my hermikids

Post by me n my hermikids » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:58 am

Mine like to climb the ladder and drop their gifts from the top. They are a bit melodramatic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:50 pm

I hate it when they clean out their shells in the water dishes. :shock:
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

hermie2013

Post by hermie2013 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 pm

My crabs like to poop in their chia seed dish! Their litter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:16 pm

landlubber wrote:I hate it when they clean out their shells in the water dishes. :shock:
In the water dish or food bowl is not optimum but it's fascinating to watch them do a shell-clean, though, especially to see how they move a piece of poop forward with those tiny hidden legs until it falls out of the shell. Just shows you how cool these guys are that I can sit and watch them toss poop out of their shells :lol: !
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

cRABB3R&w[]FE

Post by cRABB3R&w[]FE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Crabinski wrote:
In the water dish or food bowl is not optimum but it's fascinating to watch them do a shell-clean, though, especially to see how they move a piece of poop forward with those tiny hidden legs until it falls out of the shell. Just shows you how cool these guys are that I can sit and watch them toss poop out of their shells :lol: !
Right!