I see you...

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
marandashermies

I see you...

Post by marandashermies » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:40 am

Forgot to pull out the fogger last night and this lady took advantage of the fact! Haven't seen her since I adopted her a couple weeks ago and thought she went down. Guess she was just waiting for some time in the spotlight! I let her get out on the top, so she wouldn't latch onto the tubbing and snatched her when she wasn't expecting it. Crazy crabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
{125g~56g~55g} {30 PPs~ 10 Straws~ 5 Ruggies~ 2 E's~ 4 Viola's~ 2 Cavipes~ 2 Indo's}
2 Handsome Kitties {Rolan & Luka}
http://s628.photobucket.com/user/marand ... t=3&page=1

CallaLily

Re: I see you...

Post by CallaLily » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Great pic!

purpleperson

Post by purpleperson » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

I love love the color of that crab :) really nice! She looks like she recently molted too.

Topic author
marandashermies

Post by marandashermies » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 pm

purpleperson wrote:I love love the color of that crab :) really nice! She looks like she recently molted too.

haha thanks she is very pretty. :) I was super surprised to see her up there, or out at all actually! I did some re vamps in the tank last night, so maybe I stirred her awake. I bought more fake flowers to add and moved some of the cholla & the large tree hide, so there was more floor space and more spots to hide, more nuks and crannies to snuggle into. They all go to the same spot during the day and pile on top of one another. It makes me feel so bad like I should have set up the tank differently, but I sware, they must just like it like that. Its a 125g tank, they do not NEED to be all squished together and sitting on each other during the day. But they do. Why? Crabs are weird, that's all I got. :roll:
{125g~56g~55g} {30 PPs~ 10 Straws~ 5 Ruggies~ 2 E's~ 4 Viola's~ 2 Cavipes~ 2 Indo's}
2 Handsome Kitties {Rolan & Luka}
http://s628.photobucket.com/user/marand ... t=3&page=1

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Lol that's awesome

Crabbing for 4 years-still obsessed! 5 total crustacean kids. Gave up trying to tell them apart but I love them all.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.