Unexplained, Constant Chirping

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

bksbuddha

Re: Unexplained, Constant Chirping

Post by bksbuddha » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 am

:wink: The little bugger wants to be a weatherman when he grows up. I've actually had a couple of my hermies amuse me in similar ways. I had 2 Straws that always used to molt at the same time. One time 1 went down w/out the other. While she was down, the other finally went down. About that time the first one popped back up. She spent days moping in the moss pit chirping sadly for hours, days on end. :crazy: When her buddy came back up, she stopped.
:o Another time, I heard a weird noise that sounded like chirping, but softly. I sat near the tat & realized that it was a little E "muttering" to himself! There was no other explanation for the subdued chirping. The other babies were underground or no where near him. He was even kinda pacing. :hlol: It was the funniest thing I've ever seen/heard.
8) So, as you can see, sometimes they do weird things for no apparent reason. And just like everything else, they're all different. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing tale w/us. :grouphug:
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

PPs,Straws,Es,Ruggies, Violas, & Indos!
3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

Jackolope

Re: Unexplained, Constant Chirping

Post by Jackolope » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:30 am

It's very windy right now where I am and Tappy has been scratching and moving around a lot trying to find a quiet place to sleep
You've got it all wrong....we are the pets, not them!