Small E is up set the Big E dug down

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

Topic author
charbeenie

Small E is up set the Big E dug down

Post by charbeenie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:18 pm

My small E does not like to be away from her side kick for any long period of time. If he climbs into a moss pit she is right behind him (reminds me of a younger sibling chasing after the older one lol) I woke up the morning and my big is had dug down and my little one kept digging the sand up around him until she could see him. I moved her away and she ran! And I mean ran and laid on the mound of sand he made. When I went back after I got dressed for work she had moved the sand away until she could see him. I moved her away but this time I put her in the saltwater pool and let her climb out, since than she has not dug him up. He is between the glass and saltwater pool so I can't cover him with anything. I thought about covering him a piece of coconut shell I could maybe cut to fit in the area. But I feel so sad for her she loves him so much! And now she is alone (there is 1 other crab up righ now but she is not buddies with him ) :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Topic author
charbeenie

Re: Small E is up set the Big E dug down

Post by charbeenie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Well my little E dug down this afternoon. Guess she thought she would follow her side kick!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk