Toxic fumes???

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Scythan

Toxic fumes???

Post by Scythan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I came home from school and found that my new kitten had almost burnt the house down!! She had knocked over my anole's basking light so that it was tilted against the wall with the bulb touching the corner of the tank. The lid melted at that spot and now my room smells TERRIBLE. Should I move the tank out of the room to stop the fumes? (the smell is getting better but don't want to risk it). I kinda think that if it is bad, the damage has already been done :? Suggestions?

Laurie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Laurie » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:17 pm

Do you have some type of fan that you can either place in an open window to exhaust fumes, or at least move air around in the room? I think that may be the quickest/easiest way to get rid of the fumes. I'm thankful you were able to see the damage done in time, before things got worse! :shock:
Laurie
Crabbing Since 2000
Wife to Mark, Mom to Five, Owner of Reggie Cat, Lab Lucy, & numerous Crabs (PPs-Es-Rugies-Indos&Cavs)

Topic author
Scythan

Post by Scythan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:23 pm

Yeah I have an overhead fan with the window open... I can barely smell the fumes anymore. I just hope there wasn't any impact from my pets breathing it. I'm worried for my hermit crabs and kitten especially.