Eye Colour?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Lasuna

Eye Colour?

Post by Lasuna » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

So I found Nut the apocalyptic crab in my shell pit (I think he's enjoying his ability to climb again) and decided to get to know him a little since he's never actually gotten to run around on my hands since I got him three four months ago. I noticed his eyes are red, and was curious if red eyes means anything? Or are they just like us and have a different colours?
Six Crabs: Purple Pinchers: Horus(one molt), Anubis(one molt), Set(molting?). Ecuadorians: Geb(one molt) Sekhmet(Two Molts), Shu (molting?)
Two Asthmatic Cats: Ena, Una

HermitCrabingrid

Re: Eye Colour?

Post by HermitCrabingrid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Maybe it's just him

Nnnnnnnn

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Lot's of them have different eye colors. :) There was a post on LHC recently about all of the awesome color varations. :D

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 pm

I have a couple crabs with red eyes. :) They are less common. I think wode has a crab with one red eye and one black. :D I think...
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I have two or three now with the dual eyes. The blue eyes the big guys had I had never seen before, but red is pretty common. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Lasuna

Post by Lasuna » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Ok, I wasn't sure if he was blind or something when I first noticed it. Though looking at it now, it'd be kinda weird for him to be blind and still react to shadows. >.< Of course, if he was blind, that would just add to the serious bad luck this crab has. >.> I'd end up setting him up with a ten gal tank and making him an injury proof set up. XD
Six Crabs: Purple Pinchers: Horus(one molt), Anubis(one molt), Set(molting?). Ecuadorians: Geb(one molt) Sekhmet(Two Molts), Shu (molting?)
Two Asthmatic Cats: Ena, Una