can an e live in a turbo shell

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
crabcrazy

can an e live in a turbo shell

Post by crabcrazy » Thu May 14, 2015 3:48 pm

just wondering got a crab in a turbo I think is an e

KellyCrabbieLove

Re: can an e live in a turbo shell

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Thu May 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes. If the can fit they will live fine. :) all 4 of my Es are in turbos despite the huge amount of d shaped shells.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Thu May 14, 2015 4:37 pm

I have an E that occasionally wears turbos. As long as they have plenty of other options, no worries. ;)

Topic author
crabcrazy

Post by crabcrazy » Thu May 14, 2015 4:43 pm

thanks

Hermit-Yote

Post by Hermit-Yote » Sat May 23, 2015 2:55 am

I'm happy to read this too. Mine seem to stay in their shells until they don't fit at all, but they have many many options. They're just being brats. :b
"Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace."
—Albert Schweitzer

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 am

Oh for sure. The Es I've had did not change often at all, even with plenty of options. Especially when compared to how often the PPs change. Most Es prefer light, too small shells. They tend to run first, hide later. Where PPs usually will put on slightly heavier, better fitting shells, as they tend to hide in their shell to wait out the "danger".

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 am

I have to chuckle because I just purchased several "D" shaped shells for my 2 "E"'s which ended up costing me $20 for 6 of them. :shock: At the time I really didn't have that extra money to spend but I kept thinking they were needing new shells. I put them in the shell shop and they ran over to them looked them over (I know I bought the correct size for them) and they snubbed them!! :evil: I also have soooo many shells that they have grown out of-most being turbo shells, and have no use for them. Is there a current shell swap going on? I hate for them to be sitting there unused.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 am

CallaLily wrote:Oh for sure. The Es I've had did not change often at all, even with plenty of options. Especially when compared to how often the PPs change. Most Es prefer light, too small shells. They tend to run first, hide later. Where PPs usually will put on slightly heavier, better fitting shells, as they tend to hide in their shell to wait out the "danger".
That makes really good sense now. They don't duck in when I annoy them like the PPs that don't want to be messed with. They take off! Even when I pick them up they don't typically go back in. They stare me down!!!!
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote: That makes really good sense now. They don't duck in when I annoy them like the PPs that don't want to be messed with. They take off! Even when I pick them up they don't typically go back in. They stare me down!!!!
I think it was Wode who first made the observation. I think it makes sense too and it fits my experiences with them.