dumbest things people have said about your crabs/other pets?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Luckythecrab

Re: dumbest things people have said about your crabs/other p

Post by Luckythecrab » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am

Crabinski wrote: I know! People are always amazed when I tell them each of my crabs has a very distinct personality...sometimes it's the only way to tell who's who when they're all wearing green turbos :lol: !
People can be surprised when they find out hermif crabs have personalities. Lucky, at times, won't come out of his shell sometimes but once when he was changing shells I looked at him naked, and instead of hiding, he stopped what he was doing and just stared at me unafraid :lol:

kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Crabinski wrote: I know! People are always amazed when I tell them each of my crabs has a very distinct personality...sometimes it's the only way to tell who's who when they're all wearing green turbos :lol: !
I have three in green turbos in the same tank, each one only 1/8" bigger than the other. And I can tell by personality. Kaylee is super friendly, 2 successful molts with me and is the biggest in the tank. While Adrian is a little speedy bum head (fearless little bugger) who when picked up must scale your complete arm if you don't let him he will pinch, I've been pinched twice by him luckily he's so small it doesn't hurt (yet). And Pepper/Flower my mystery crab was last known to be Pepper but acts like Flower (Flower is suuuuper shy and Pepper will aim for attack)... Will know soon enough when the other comes up from molting.

Mommy of 10 PP babies:
Poseidon (Sid), Toby, Matty, Junior, Aries, Kaylee, Turbo, Adrian, Pepper and Flower. RIP Octavius & Fred
-

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

"Oh, so you have two cages so the two crabs can be seperate?"
Soneone asked me that when I showed her my ISO and my main cage, why on earth why I she would think I would keep them seperate, I have no idea.

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 am

"You don't need a heater"
"I do need a heater! They can only breathe in hot humid climates. That's why I spray the tank"
"Oh I thought you were giving them a shower"

rml6f4

Post by rml6f4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:02 pm

I just found out my boyfriend's parents have a ~300 gallon tank in their basement that has been sitting there empty for years. I asked my boyfriend about me buying it off them. He told me I didn't need a tank that big for crabs. I thought that was a pretty ridiculous thing for him to say ;)

Darn him being the voice of reason.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:52 pm

My husband is the voice of reason too. I hate it.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 pm

rml6f4 wrote:I just found out my boyfriend's parents have a ~300 gallon tank in their basement that has been sitting there empty for years. I asked my boyfriend about me buying it off them. He told me I didn't need a tank that big for crabs. I thought that was a pretty ridiculous thing for him to say ;)

Darn him being the voice of reason.
I see that as a potentially free chance to go insane with adoptions...a 300 gallon crabitat *dies* that would be amazing. I mean it's been in the basement for years, right?...surely they must not need it anymore and probably need some volunteers to take it out... ;)

rml6f4

Post by rml6f4 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 pm

soilentgringa wrote: I see that as a potentially free chance to go insane with adoptions...a 300 gallon crabitat *dies* that would be amazing. I mean it's been in the basement for years, right?...surely they must not need it anymore and probably need some volunteers to take it out... ;)
That's exactly what I was thinking! Well for the sake of my social life, career, and bank account I doubt it will ever happen... But if it does I'll let everyone know when my episode of Animal Hoarders: Hermit Crabs is going to air.