Tank stand

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Moorespride

Tank stand

Post by Moorespride » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Ok so my table that I have that fits the 30/12 aquarium is 1/4" to narrow to fit the same size tank between the legs that I wanted to get for the hermit crabs... so now I need to find something that I have to fit another tank before I find what size of tank to get. What is preferred for material for the tank to set on? Wood, metal, tile, open frame?
I have this really nice coffee table that is low that would be great to get terrariums that match for the hermit and Leo but am not sure about the wood with the under tank heater for the Leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kieagcarm

Re: Tank stand

Post by kieagcarm » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:38 pm

I don't understand what you mean by those numbers...

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:39 pm

I have mine on an old 2 drawer stand that is super heavy and made of real wood, not the fake wood today's furniture is made of

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:58 am

I don't really think there is a preferred type of stand, as long as it's structurally sound. I would just make sure it's something that holds the whole base with no overlay, as it can stress the glass and cause it to crack. Otherwise, If it can hold the weight, it should be fine. The uth instructions for your other pet should have instructions that will be able to help with setting it up. Usually they come with legs with the uth to lift the tank enough that the uth get's air circulation and doesn't get too hot...but with hermies needing a side mounted uth I'm not too knowledgeable past that. lol