I need to find someone in Florida to will my crabs to.

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Persia352

I need to find someone in Florida to will my crabs to.

Post by Persia352 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello everyone:) I have four beautiful healthy crabs. As a responsible pet parent I am looking for someone in the state of Florida who I can will my crabs too in the event I can no longer take care of them or I become deceased. I am 57 years old and my husband is disabled so it would be out of the question to ask him to care for them long term. i would like someone who is going to be committed to them and can come pick them up. Please understand that I am not ill but i must plan for thier future care as they have a long life span. Please PM me on here. We live in Ocala florida.

biancaalexis

Re: I need to find someone in Florida to will my crabs to.

Post by biancaalexis » Tue May 09, 2017 6:01 pm

I live in Tampa I currently do not have the space but in a month or so I'm expanding my crabitat (: i would love to take them if anything ever comes up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 Hermies | Lover of Totes | DIY envisionist

HeyItsEggs

Post by HeyItsEggs » Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm

You might not have to worry about them if you become, I hate saying this but, deceased. Most hermit crabs live to 20 years in captivity and sometimes they can live to be quite old, depending on how hardy they are and the quality of the care. Not to say that you aren't doing it right, but some people have more things that aren't necessary, but beneficial for crabs.

I live in New York, but I just wanted to let you know that, although there is a possibility of them living that long, you shouldn't worry about them in that scenario.
Sophia aka "Eggs"
Four PPs, Rio, Rolo, Curlz and Malibu in a 40 gallon
May they rest in peace- Mango- 1/13/17 and Stefanio- 1/10/17

Topic author
Persia352

Post by Persia352 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:10 pm

I disagree with you. I feel at my age anything can happen and I want to make sure they are cared for. These are not a type of pet that everybody can take care and i simply want them to continue to have a great life.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm

I think that is highly responsible of you! It's always better to be safe than sorry. Anyone can go at anytime - age is not a factor - accidents happen, etc. Great thinking. I wish I could take them, but I have enough of my own! My family will have enough to take care of if something were to happen to me ;)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

mevukoder

Post by mevukoder » Mon May 22, 2017 3:37 pm

I would surely be willing to be the caregivers when your crabs can no longer reside at your home. We are in Parrish, FL near Tampa and travel the state. Currenlty have a 205 gallon and a 125 gallon tank with a 180 in the works. Our tanks are on this link:
http://imgur.com/a/dkKMn
http://imgur.com/a/iu6qV

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 pm

^ She's been working with the adoptions program for a while and she is incredible!

I'm 33 and I have backup plans in place for everything in the event that something happens to me, or happens to my husband and I together. I have to with the amount of animals I have, or it would always be nagging at me in the back of my mind. The shelter would make arrangements for our cats, and my friend who owns a pet store would take all my exotics with the help of the local reptile rescue. Honestly, I hadn't thought about my hermits in that respect for a while. The one person I always had in mind passed away herself a couple of years ago. :(
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram