Where can I buy an acrylic Aquarium topper?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Persia352

Where can I buy an acrylic Aquarium topper?

Post by Persia352 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 pm

There has got to be a store that sells acrylic toppers. Does anyone know of any? i would love to add a large second level to my new set up.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Where can I buy an acrylic Aquarium topper?

Post by wodesorel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:16 pm

I've only seen screen ones for reptiles. Depending on the size of your enclosure, you might be able to knock the bottom out of a front opening terrarium.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

mool

Post by mool » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Can you make one? You can buy sheets of acrylic (Plexiglas) and polycarbonate (Lexan) at home improvement stores such as Lowes and Home Depot.

pandaincognito

Post by pandaincognito » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:13 pm

They'll even cut it to size for you ^•^
-------
2 small pp, smeegle (m), shellshock (m); 1 small/medium pp, shelldon (f), 1 medium/large pp, Godzilla (m)
1 dog, bender the min pin. And one betta named Henry. I dont know if its a boy or a girl, its still pretty young.

hprmom

Post by hprmom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Persia352 wrote:There has got to be a store that sells acrylic toppers. Does anyone know of any? i would love to add a large second level to my new set up.
You mean like this? http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=76
It might be cheaper to make your own as others have suggested. I'm contemplating it myself. :)

mool

Post by mool » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:34 pm

I see what you are talking about now. Those are super cool, but a bit pricey...

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 pm

I actually went on Amazon and ordered two sheets of Lexan (acrylic/plexiglass). I bored holes in them for the bubbler tubing and set them down in the top of my tank. They've been fantastic for keeping humidity in. I keep a screened lid over them because my crabs think they are escape artists and my cats are eagerly awaiting a crabby prison break.

You can order the sheets made to measure or as close to the measurements as you need. It was fairly simple for me to score the sheet along one edge and break it off with pliers so that it would fit down into the lip of the tank.