Bean farm vs reptile basics uth

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Bean farm vs reptile basics uth

Post by isadoraisacat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:33 am

Hey guys my main uth is a bean farm ultra them insulated with foil and card board which covers 95 % of the back of my tank. I recently bought a small 6 x 11 one from reptile basics to put on the side of the tank because i does get super sub zero Mr freeze style cold here in winter. Anyway testing the thing out it appears the reptile basics one seems to omit more heat and seems over all better than the bean farm one. Had any one noticed a preference or would you say in your opinion their basically the same ?

It's like 50 degrees outside now my apt is 68 my tank is 78 cold side 84 hot side by new small uth and 81 by the big bean farm one. I'm debating on buying a new bigger one from reptile instead and maybe instead of going the length of the back getting one for a size up to help conduct more heat even though its ugly I'll deal with some plastic heater sticking out of the side.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Re: Bean farm vs reptile basics uth

Post by Crabinski » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:53 pm

They both sell Ultratherms exclusively, if I remember correctly, so there should be no difference between the two pads. If you are seeing an appreciable difference in the heat output between the two pads, you may want to contact BeanFarm to let them know that you may have received a damaged or defective pad.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Crabinski wrote:They both sell Ultratherms exclusively, if I remember correctly, so there should be no difference between the two pads. If you are seeing an appreciable difference in the heat output between the two pads, you may want to contact BeanFarm to let them know that you may have received a damaged or defective pad.
It still works well just seems like the reptile basics one is a bit warmer also is made differently bean farm one is little lines where as the repile.one is one black piece their both working for sure was just wondering if one was better than the other.

littletechcrab

Post by littletechcrab » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 pm

If I recall, on reptile basics website he states his are not the printed uth. I believe he states his are the ultratherm fiberglass models. I have bought from both and they do look different to me. Check yours out you should see a design difference.

littletechcrab

Post by littletechcrab » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:19 pm

littletechcrab wrote:If I recall, on reptile basics website he states his are not the printed uth. I believe he states his are the ultratherm fiberglass models. I have bought from both and they do look different to me. Check yours out you should see a design difference.
Oh no there is def a difference. I'm just wondering if one omits slightly more heat than the other or generally is slightly better than the other.

littletechcrab

Post by littletechcrab » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm

I feel the one I bought from reptile basics does give off more heat than the Bean farm one I use to use.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:23 pm

littletechcrab wrote:I feel the one I bought from reptile basics does give off more heat than the Bean farm one I use to use.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
That's sort of what i think so trying to decide if i should get a
Reptile basics version of thebeam farm large pad i have it still runs 95 degrees on the glass but i for some reason feel like the new small one i got seems warmer from reptile basics