PLEASE, NO NEW TOPICS! FIND YOUR STATE.

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

mool

Re: Post Adoptees Here (Crabs that need a new home)

Post by mool » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 am

Somebody should text the number and see what he/she has to say.

I'll take all of them right now if he/she brought them to me, but I won't travel for them.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:52 pm

mool wrote:Somebody should text the number and see what he/she has to say.

I'll take all of them right now if he/she brought them to me, but I won't travel for them.
It was a prank. Apparently someone recently did a prank on her regarding chickens. She doesn't know who is doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

mool

Post by mool » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Bummer for her, but I'm glad no actual crabs were involved.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:49 pm

As I said in my DM to you, I can take them in.

I live near Manassas and will drive anywhere in the area to pick them up.

Nate
Laweezy7 wrote:I'm hoping to find someone to take my 6 crabs ASAP.

*I live in Chesapeake, VA

*Can travel to Chesapeake, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk. Other surrounding cities are negotiable. I also travel occasionally to Manassas, VA area and New Bern, NC area.

*6 PPs (I think they are 4 males and 2 females)

*I got 2 in Feb. 2013, 3 in Aug. 2013, and 1 in Jan. 2015. I don't know how many times they've molted for me. I used to keep a journal on all their stats, but then I didn't keep up with it.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

Blueyegrrl

Post by Blueyegrrl » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Laweezy7 wrote:I'm hoping to find someone to take my 6 crabs ASAP.

*I live in Chesapeake, VA

*Can travel to Chesapeake, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk. Other surrounding cities are negotiable. I also travel occasionally to Manassas, VA area and New Bern, NC area.

*6 PPs (I think they are 4 males and 2 females)

*I got 2 in Feb. 2013, 3 in Aug. 2013, and 1 in Jan. 2015. I don't know how many times they've molted for me. I used to keep a journal on all their stats, but then I didn't keep up with it.
I live in Yorktown and could take them I'm thinking of upgrading my take and there's plenty of room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Moorespride

Post by Moorespride » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Petro wrote:Hi, I've got 4 hermit crabs ive had from 4 to 8 years. I'm moving out of the country and need to find them a home.

I'm in san luis obispo california. I dont know what kind they are, just the kind you get at the pet store.

I am interested I live in Atascadero Am not sure how to reply on his site

MooneyFamily

Post by MooneyFamily » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:06 pm

koolaidk wrote:Hi! :)

Looking to put a hermit crab up for adoption. I am in Milwaukee, WI. I would be willing to travel as far as Madison or Chicago, with further destinations open to consideration. I have 1 hermit crab. He is about the size of a ping pong ball - maybe a little larger. He would come with some spare sand, a glass cookie-jar type container he lives in with hut, water dish, and some food and water mineral/salt. Not asking for an adoption fee. I'm not sure what species he is but he loves digging and is pretty shy. He was originally gifted to me in August 2014 from someone who bought him from a pet store in the Outer Banks in North Carolina in May of 2014. I'm not entirely sure how many times he has molted but i would guess 3-6 times during the time that I've had him.

Thanks!
I live in Grand Rapids, MI, I could meet you around Chicago, preferably on the east side of the city, in Michigan.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

parksertelt

Post by parksertelt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 am

I live in Georgetown (north of Austin) and can take a few. I have a 20 gallon tank with 3 purple pinchers - 2 medium sized and 1 small. The oldest is 4 years old. I will be in Dallas next month (January 18-21) and can pick them up from you, if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Visual

Post by Visual » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:53 pm

pungafruit wrote:I wasn't able to get in touch with anyone via email, so I signed up and hopefully posting here helps!

I currently live in DeKalb, IL. I'm going to be moving to where I can't keep my crabs, so I'm desperately looking to re-home all 13 of my hermit crabs as soon as I can. I would be willing to drive 1-3 hours in order to meet someone to take them.
Of course one person doesn't need to take ALL of them. I'm more than willing to re-home them to multiple people.

I have 7 pp crabs located in one tank, all of which are roughly dime sized and 6 pp crabs, which are roughly quarter sized if not a bit larger for some.
(I have pictures of all of them, but two, which I can provide at any time.)
I've owned them all for 2-3 years and they've all gone through plenty of successful molts. I very rarely handle my crabs outside of cleaning days. All of them are all quite shy and tame. I have only had one pinch me once out of aggression, but he hasn't caused any problems since. They're all pretty well behaved in their groups as well.

I have the following supplies I would be more that willing to provide to any person/persons that would in interested in adopting my crabs--
- 2 50gl tanks + lids (one tank of which has a crack in the side, but has now shown any risk of breaking, picture can be provided if needed)
- 1 20gl tank
- 2 med sized plastic pet carriers
- 2 additional med sized pet carriers (that are currently being used inside the crab tanks)
- 2 3 count packs of eco earth substrate
- 2 analog thermo/humidity meters
- 2 slanted hallowed logs
- 2 half coconut homes (one plastic, one real)
- 1 6 count pack of "all living things" cuttlebones
- 1 opened "all living things" 1.5oz freeze dried medley (river shrimp, mealworms, and crickets)
- 1 opened "all living things" 2.4oz soaking salt
- 2 small sized heating pads
- 1 spray bottle
- 4 stone feeding bowls
- 20+ dime-quarter sized shells
- 10+ quarter-ping pong sized shells
- Various amounts of smaller shells and clam shells
- 4 tanks clamps

Feel free to message me at any time! I work full-time so it may take me a bit to respond.
How close is this to Decatur il? I live in ky but have family in Decatur that could help get some of the crabs to me. I can send my email if you'd rather communicate that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Visual

Post by Visual » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Optimist1 wrote:Optimist1

I just found out i have 3 crabs. I am very happy. Someone must have molted. In my last post i did not give enough information. The crabs have two tanks. Water fresh and salt. Heat pads on backs snd one tank has a hear pad below. They have good substrate of play sand and ecoearth. They have extra shells. Have all the instant ocean and dechlorinatos and de ammonia drops. I made up some calcium powder with ground cuttle bone added to the ca powder. (Just a small tub). I feel much better since i have 3 at least. I want them to have a happy home with buddies and a caring owner. You can send me a message at bawdeltaATdeltaDOTcom. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks
Parkerstelt responded but the two messages aren't connected. Maybe he can rehome your crabbies

www.loverochambeau.com

Visual

Post by Visual » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Visual wrote:
Optimist1 wrote:Optimist1

I just found out i have 3 crabs. I am very happy. Someone must have molted. In my last post i did not give enough information. The crabs have two tanks. Water fresh and salt. Heat pads on backs snd one tank has a hear pad below. They have good substrate of play sand and ecoearth. They have extra shells. Have all the instant ocean and dechlorinatos and de ammonia drops. I made up some calcium powder with ground cuttle bone added to the ca powder. (Just a small tub). I feel much better since i have 3 at least. I want them to have a happy home with buddies and a caring owner. You can send me a message at bawdeltaATdeltaDOTcom. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks
Parkerstelt responded but the two messages aren't connected. Maybe he can rehome your crabbies

Parksertelt, sorry

www.loverochambeau.com

pungafruit

Post by pungafruit » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Visual wrote:
pungafruit wrote:
How close is this to Decatur il? I live in ky but have family in Decatur that could help get some of the crabs to me. I can send my email if you'd rather communicate that way.

Sent you a pm btw! Though I'm not 100% sure if it sent right since it's not in my outbox hm. I guess let me know?

Visual

Post by Visual » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:44 pm

pungafruit wrote:
Visual wrote:
pungafruit wrote:

Sent you a pm btw! Though I'm not 100% sure if it sent right since it's not in my outbox hm. I guess let me know?
You can email me at visually_alert@yahoo.com

www.loverochambeau.com

Rawrgeous

Re: South Dakota Crab in need of a home.

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:37 am

ElCrabbit wrote:I've had crabs for upwards of 7 years but have come to a point in my life where I can't keep them any longer. I live in Brookings area and make frequent trips to Pierre and can drive up to 2 hours in other directions.

I have one PP remaining who is in a shell with a 1 inch opening. He's shed two of his legs, I believe to stress, but shows signs of regrowing them! I have shells to give away with him and a 30 gal tank with a top and a heater on the back that you can have as well for quarantine until he's ready to go into your tanks. You won't get any decor and his substrate needs replaced. I'm sad to see him go but I just don't have the time or money it would take to get his housing back to where it needs to be.

thanks.

What state are you located in?

ElCrabbit

Re: South Dakota Crab in need of a home.

Post by ElCrabbit » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:49 am

Rawrgeous wrote: What state are you located in?
South Dakota, Sorry if it was too hard to see in the title, I added it to the body of the message as well.