Eggs

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Eggs

Post by SuperFanjaya » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:11 am

Do i have to do anything special to the eggs befor ei give it to them? I was just gunna scramble them.......
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am

Scrambled should be fine. You can even crush the shell up in with it :smt045

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:32 am

dont i need to like boil the shell too?im sorry, im VERY new at this......this is off subject form eggs, but can i give them green/red peppers, peaches and plums?
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

MamaZelly

Post by MamaZelly » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Yup. The red peppers will help intensify their coloring, too.

The shells can be boiled or baked. I leave the membrane in it, though. They seem to like it!
ZellyBelly, Mama to Sophie & Gus (the human babies).

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:04 pm

ok,, so if im baking it, do i crush the shell first, or do i just put the 2 halves in?

blaze88

Post by blaze88 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:17 pm

What I like to do with eggs is serve it over easy. This separates the yolk from the whites giving the crabs a choice weather they want a fatty food or a protein food. It adds variety will little effort. While the egg is cooking I sprinkle crushed egg shell in the whites and freeze dried shrimp or plankton into the yolk, to give more nutrients to the white and more protein to the yolk.

Obviously you don't have to cook them this fancy, but I strongly advise you separate the yolk and whites with a hard boiled egg, soft boiled, sunny side up, or over easy.
coloradocritterco.com