Whee, my order from The Happy Hermit Crab came!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Crabbyani

Whee, my order from The Happy Hermit Crab came!

Post by Crabbyani » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:52 pm

I ordered some crab food from Narnar's store on Friday--my first time ordering hermit crab food online--and it arrived today! :-D I'm so glad I got two sampler packs--with all this variety, my little guys are going to feast! Since everyone's still in a separate tank (Brigantine molted and Bo'sun is still in ISO from being purchased last Thursday), I gave them all a little bit of At the Beach kibble, daphnia, and puffed organic millet. No one's diving for the food bowl yet, but it's mid-afternoon so hopefully they'll realize they've got goodies tonight. I can't wait for them to try all this stuff! I'm really excited to try the Summer-Time Flatbread and silversides I got them, but I want to wait until they're all back in the same tank so I don't have to use as much.
In case anyone's wondering, I ordered puffed organic millet, Summer-Time Flatbread, the Just Beachy sampler pack (At the Beach, Colorful Crabby, Naturally Berried, and Seaweed Special kibbles), and the Seafood Sampler (krill, copepods, daphnia, silversides, and shrimp). What's everyone's crabs' favorites if you've used any of these kinds of Narnar's food?

Narnar, thanks so much for providing such an awesome service for our little guys!

(Also, I love that the Just Beachy sampler pack came in a little cardboard pirate treasure chest--perfect for my Pirates of the Crabby-B-ean! :lol: )
Last edited by Crabbyani on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:52 pm

oh nooooes! You're gonna make me order some more! Those sound wonderful!

I have only used "Fruit, Flower, Nuts and Grains", "Bugs and Nuts", and "Staple" My little crabby buddies love all 3 of them. :D OH! actually, I did have a sampler pack last year- had BlueGreen and PB&J Toast and fruity oatmeal.

grah. I need to make an order LOL!
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 pm

OK. you made me do it LOL!

I HAD to have that Just Beachy pack and the Seafood Sampler. And then I spied the Coco-Palm Oil, Hibiscus Flowers, Summer-Time Flatbread, and a nice new, big shell for either Speedy (who is in a shell that's too big but refuses for change to something more reasonable) or Shaggy (who is growing out of his tapestry shell and doesn't like anything else).

Now to anxiously await it's arrival! Things take a while to get up here though :(
An Alaskan Crabber!

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Congrats on the new foods! I've never fed any of those foods so can't say much, but my crabs LOVE the Colorful Crabby and Staple foods from Nar. :wink:
Crabbing for 6 years now.
15 PPs, 1 Beardie

Topic author
Crabbyani

Post by Crabbyani » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Hehehe, yay for good crabby food advertising, huh glacier? :lol: And I'm actually still waiting on an order I placed at the Hermit Crab Addiction store on Saturday! (Addiction is right when it comes to my little hermies--between buying my new crab Thursday and these two food orders, I've spent about $30 on them in a week, and I'm actually holding myself back from making a run to the local organic food market! They've already got enough great food for a year!! :hlol: )

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Our twice a week farmer's markets are calling me. I have a dehydrator now so I will have to go buy some of our super fresh, organic produce for both the crabs and my family LOL!

I know how much my crabbies love NaRnAR's foods so I'm excited to get more in :D I've been meaning to for a while now, just haven't gotten off my booty to do it LOL! Thanks for the kick I needed!
An Alaskan Crabber!

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 pm

I glad everyone is enjoying the foods!! :D

We have some farmers markets around here...there is one on Sundays that Im really wanting to go to....mmm PEACHES!!
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch