How much?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 pm

I would look for a Wardley's brand that does not contain any additives like stress coat and BioExtract. Your crabs may be okay for a little while with it, but in the end, it's not good drinking water. :(

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 pm

What concerns me is the slime coat enhancer-
From their product description on their website:
"Provides a slime coating to help wounds heal and protect fish from abrasions. "

I know even on fish, too much slime coat enhancer can essentially choke them. In the past, fish have died from over use of slime coat enhancers due to clogging the gills. Though Tetra does now claim "Unique colloid ingredients in the formula have been designed to protect fish’s delicate gills and membranes."

Currently, I just go to Wal*Mart and buy gallon jugs for purified drinking water for $1.00 each. They last me a long time because I don't have a ton of crabs. I may switch to using a water conditioner however because I want to expand my little hermit crab rescue, and the prices of EVERYTHING is going crazy up here due to the fuel prices for shipping it up.
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm

I would say to look at the label on the water very closely. I was doing that and one day I read it and it said it comes from a municipal water supply in Champaign, IL. So that means it has to have chlorine in it and it was distilled water!!!!!!