Im confused

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Im confused

Post by SuperFanjaya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Me and my mom went to petsmart today and got this Aquarium Salt stuff. It says on the front, Natural Fish tonic. The brand is API and i thought this was going to be SALTWATER, but just now when i was about to mix it, it says, For Freshwater Fish. I DONT GET IT!!! SHouldnt it say for Tropical fish or something? IS this not the right stuff?
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

That's not the right stuff. It is a freshwater salt that simulates freshwater conditions. :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Kili is right the stuff you bought is for healing cuts and providing good conditions for fresh water fish

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 pm

ughhhhhhhh!!!!!! Now i have no salt water for them!!!!!!!!!!!
"All living things tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life."- Buddha.

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:49 pm

WIll they be OK if they dont have salt water for about a week? Cuz i dont know the next time my mom is gunna wanna take me to petsmart.

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 pm

SuperFanjaya wrote:WIll they be OK if they dont have salt water for about a week? Cuz i dont know the next time my mom is gunna wanna take me to petsmart.
Yes, they will be okay. Just make sure to get it to them sometime soon. :)

Topic author
SuperFanjaya

Post by SuperFanjaya » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 pm

thank you<33

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Yeah, that's the wrong stuff- it's okay! :) They'll be fine, I agree just get it when you can.

Willow

Post by Willow » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:50 pm

You can use it. Lots of crabkeepers have used it for years with no ill effects. I won't argue the opinions of some people, that it may not be a complete salt water source for long term use.....this is something you'll have to decide for yourself. But API Aquarium Salt is certainly safe for short term use. Use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of salt per gallon of water, same as the other brands.