Haven't seen em' in awhile

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
bilbobaggins

Haven't seen em' in awhile

Post by bilbobaggins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 pm

My largest crab went down about a month ago while my other stayed up for about a week before proceeding to do the same. If I look at the bottom of the tank I can see one of my crabs. (not sure which as they are in the same type of shell with more or less the same sizes) Are they molting? The food bowl hasn't been touched, except for when I clean and refill it. The substrate has no new tracks, and the water level is the same. Any knowledge shared is appreciated.

kuza

Re: Haven't seen em' in awhile

Post by kuza » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:04 pm

sounds like a normal mass molt to me. Now for the patience time, gl!

Topic author
bilbobaggins

Post by bilbobaggins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm

alrighty then

DragonsFly

Post by DragonsFly » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 pm

My two did the same thing; they really needed it after being in bad conditions for a long time. They came up all shiny and new and happy almost two months later; good time to practice the virtue of patience and plan for upgrading or redecorating the tank! (Just don't redecorate it WHILE they are molting; make the plans and get or make the stuff, and look around on here for great pics of great ideas!)
--{}: Dragons Fly Farm --{}:
Resident PP's:"Major Tom" & "Billie Jean"

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
― G.K. Chesterton